Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yank needs some help...

Hello All,
    I recently purchased an "M" reg 3.0TD to get me through the next three years while I'm stationed here and as this vehicle isn't available in the US and I didn't get an owners manuel with it I'm lost as to where the glowplug indicator is. I'm used to seeing an indicator that looks like coil loops in diesel trucks in the states but nothing like that comes on when I first turn the key...I wait about 30 seconds before I hit the starter.
    After everyone finishes ROTFLYAO your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Originally posted by galaxie500_guy
    Hello All,
    I recently purchased an "M" reg 3.0TD to get me through the next three years while I'm stationed here and as this vehicle isn't available in the US and I didn't get an owners manuel with it I'm lost as to where the glowplug indicator is. I'm used to seeing an indicator that looks like coil loops in diesel trucks in the states but nothing like that comes on when I first turn the key...I wait about 30 seconds before I hit the starter.
    After everyone finishes ROTFLYAO your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    It only stays on for about 2-3 secs, its on the left hand side, first light on the left under the temp guage.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Asked the same question a couple of weeks back, if your trucks anything like mine you'll be lucky to spot it, as I turn on the ignition mine flashes for about a1/10 of a second, I wait about 15 - 20 seconds, hear a click from the passenger side dash, full turn the key and the truck starts immediately, hope this helps. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo
        Asked the same question a couple of weeks back, if your trucks anything like mine you'll be lucky to spot it, as I turn on the ignition mine flashes for about a1/10 of a second, I wait about 15 - 20 seconds, hear a click from the passenger side dash, full turn the key and the truck starts immediately, hope this helps. H
        Mines like that too. As my truck starts just fine from cold with 50/50 veg I've not bothered looking into if this is a problem.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Mine's the same, although I turn the key on mine as soon as the light's gone out and (touch wood) it starts immediately every time.
          Mike G

Comment

Isnt there an owners manual type thingy in a pdf format somewhere on here ? Its where I got it.

Ok found the link to it

http://www.diverseitsolutions.com/to...Manual1994.pdf

Right Ive tried that link now ( yes I know, belatedly ) and it doesnt seem to work. PM me or post an email addy and I can send it to you as I have it with me. Maybe someone else will post a working link to it, who knows

Bogus
            Last edited by Bogus; 2 October 2007, 15:50. Reason: Tried link AFTER posting and seems not working
            Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
            X