Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Advice Please

Hello lads,

Need a wee bit of advice, after a service I was informed that the following parts need replaced on my KZ130 2nd Gen 3.0ltr TD 1995 Plate.

O/S/F Inner Track Rod End
    N/S/F Inner Track Rod End
    N/S/F Steering Idler
    Outer CV Boots X 2

also told the Wheel Bearing have excessive play on /N/S/F they say that they can likely just tighten these up.

To replace these I have been quoted labour costs of £210.00 at 7 hours work. Parts wise it seems I can get all of this stuff from Milners at a cost of £130.00 including VAT.

Does this seem like a fair price for the labour in terms of work involved as I have no clue if this is 7 hours work ?

Also when they say O/S/F does that mean outer track rod end ? and N/S/F as inner track rod end ? Dont want to balls up the ordering of parts

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Andy

Off Side Front is drivers side. Near Side Front is passenger side
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

thanks Marky I am wiser already
      Andy

Comment

FSH, ABS ESF, EW, It can be confusing
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I'd have probably allowed a leisurely 3-4 hours, but if you've never worked on one before could be more, but 7 for a 'proper garage' is a little long IMHO, its only stock 97-on pickup type suspension, nothing mysterious.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I'd have probably allowed a leisurely 3-4 hours, but if you've never worked on one before could be more, but 7 for a 'proper garage' is a little long IMHO, its only stock 97-on pickup type suspension, nothing mysterious.

thanks for the info Tony kinda makes me want to look at other options. How far is basingstoke to West Lothian Scotland? lol
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X