yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please! Crankshaft Position Sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please! Crankshaft Position Sensor??

Hi Folks,
    This is doing my nut! Would be eternally grateful of any help - spent hours browsing previous posts & cannot find my answer....

My 3.0 Ltr 1993 Surf 'conked-out' today. Was travelling at approx 50Mph when the revs dropped to zero, picked up slightly then I lost all performance & the engine stalled. Engine turns over fine, but fails to start.
    The AA did a few checks & it seems that no fuel is getting through the system. He said that the Crankshaft Position Sensor was the 'probable' cause. I've tried the fault code test by shorting the TE1 & E1 pins, but the Engine Check Light does not flash at all. Do I req a Multimeter to read the result?
    If the problem is the Sensor, could it be as easy as a loose connection or moisture ingress?
    I also can't seem to locate the Sensor. I would be grateful if someone could explain 'In noddy terms!' where it's exact position is.
    Any further info/experience would be fantastic!

Thanks

Squipper

Originally posted by squipper
    Hi Folks,
    This is doing my nut! Would be eternally grateful of any help - spent hours browsing previous posts & cannot find my answer....

My 3.0 Ltr 1993 Surf 'conked-out' today. Was travelling at approx 50Mph when the revs dropped to zero, picked up slightly then I lost all performance & the engine stalled. Engine turns over fine, but fails to start.
    The AA did a few checks & it seems that no fuel is getting through the system. He said that the Crankshaft Position Sensor was the 'probable' cause. I've tried the fault code test by shorting the TE1 & E1 pins, but the Engine Check Light does not flash at all. Do I req a Multimeter to read the result?
    If the problem is the Sensor, could it be as easy as a loose connection or moisture ingress?
    I also can't seem to locate the Sensor. I would be grateful if someone could explain 'In noddy terms!' where it's exact position is.
    Any further info/experience would be fantastic!

Thanks

Squipper
    think you will find it is the bottom hole, nearside by no 4 cyl, easier to get at when the engine is like this!!!!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Reversing Beep not sounding also!

My reversing audio beep recently stopped working. Could this be related to a Crank Sensor failure?

Comment

My reversing audio beep recently stopped working. Could this be related to a Crank Sensor failure?

Sounds like an electrical fault. Check all the fuses under the bonnet and down by the throttle pedal.

Comment

Thanks......checked fuses by throttle pedal, will check under bonnet. Should my check Engine led light up when the ignition key is turned? I mean the small orange light inside the rev counter. This is not lighting up either!
          Spooooky!
          Wonder if the Engine Earthing strip may be dodgy!?

Comment

Thanks......checked fuses by throttle pedal, will check under bonnet. Should my check Engine led light up when the ignition key is turned? I mean the small orange light inside the rev counter. This is not lighting up either!
            Spooooky!
            Wonder if the Engine Earthing strip may be dodgy!?
            The light should come on with the ignition, and go out when the engine has started. If it stays on then there is a fault logged.

Did you have the ignition on when you checked for the fault codes?

Comment

Engine Check Light doesn't come on when ignition is turned! When I tested for fault codes, I shorted the TE1 & E1 pins, then turned ignition on & looked for flashes........no flashes at all.
              I then turned ignition on first then shorted as above....still no flashes. I also tried connecting Multimeter (+ to VF1 and - to E1), then looked for fluctuations in reading. No fluctuations at all!
              Am I a complete biff or is something spooky with my 'Unbreakable' Surf!
              Thanks again for your help.

Comment

could the bulb/LED have blown for the check light? or fuse for whatever circuit it's on gone?
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Reading the first post in this thread again, you say that no fuel is reaching the injectors. Have you tried removing the fuel cap and listening for a hissing sound? This will indicate a vacum in the tank preventing fuel delivery.
                  Also, is the fuel filter blocked? have you tried pumping the primer on top of the fuel filter so see if there is resistance?

Comment

Assuming the LED in the dash isn't broken, sounds to me like you have a ECD or ECU fault. Check the fuse labeled ECD, and its relay, then you need to get the ECU tested, as you need the light on the dash to come on with the ignition is on, that shows the ECU is alive.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X