Where to buy a head from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a head from?

Ok i got some bubbles in my rad so gonna just replace the head i think, seen some sellers on ebay at pretty good prices but wondering where else would be reccommended. Any 1 had any experience of heads from ebay sellers? Don ..

Originally posted by Denre
    Ok i got some bubbles in my rad so gonna just replace the head i think, seen some sellers on ebay at pretty good prices but wondering where else would be reccommended. Any 1 had any experience of heads from ebay sellers? Don ..
    Look on here for the Engine co Ltd (Stevo) or go to 4x4 Toys (Tonyn) and get a warranted head that will NOT let you down.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

or worzel gummidge may be able to help..

sorry i cant help myself today
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I know where to buy bodies!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I know where to buy bodies!
          I hope they aint the ones I buried
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            I hope they aint the ones I buried

Nah, the Bodyshop.

Comment

Could tell you where NOT TO GO; after having bad experince with them. I think you need to get as much info as you can & this site is great for that!!!
              Cheapest doesn't always mean bestest. If you have to pay a couple of hundred £££ more it will probably be money better spent, if not money saved. Make sure you trail this site.
              Best of luck whatever you decide. Murph
              www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Yeah that is a good point. There is an ebay seller doin a complete head brand new so they say all fitted valves cam etc £370 delivered. I know u get what u pay for but a head is a casting so is it a case of iys got to be ok?

Comment

Yeah that is a good point. There is an ebay seller doin a complete head brand new so they say all fitted valves cam etc £370 delivered. I know u get what u pay for but a head is a casting so is it a case of iys got to be ok?

You need to find out if it's the modified head, as the reason the heads cracking is the waterways were cast too close to the combustion chambers.
                  The modified heads have thicker walls.

Comment

Ah right ok i didnt know that, the head on mine actually looks recent ish as i`n bright in colour. Did wonder just to remove it and have it tested and skimmed but my tappets are a bit ticky too and thought the cost of a skim test reset etc might just as well get a new one

Comment

I wouldnt recommend a skim on the original head. Especially if its cracked, Some people are selling the original heads so you may end up replacing it again at some point. My head went prior to seeing you by STEVO & it ran fine if not better (Modified Head) Old heads seem to have the waterways too close to the valve seat area
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        I wouldnt recommend a skim on the original head. Especially if its cracked, Some people are selling the original heads so you may end up replacing it again at some point. My head went prior to seeing you by STEVO & it ran fine if not better (Modified Head) Old heads seem to have the waterways too close to the valve seat area

I just said that! tch.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          I just said that! tch.
                          I was in the middle of posting when the phone went
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Yeah well obviously if it was cracked i wouldnt skim it but wouldnt know till its tested. But it was cost as a test skim teset tappets etc would almost be as much as the one i mentioned on ebay. i`ll mail them to ask if its the modded head but at the end of the day how would i know if it really is?

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              I was in the middle of posting when the phone went

Where did it go then, did you get it back?

Comment

Working...
                              X