Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Pressure problems

Hello

My Turbo light keeps coming on and the manual indicates that the pressure in the turbo is to high. Does anyone know why he pressure keeps building up as the turbo does not give any problems while I am driving. If not does any boby know what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Originally posted by want2be123
    Hello

My Turbo light keeps coming on and the manual indicates that the pressure in the turbo is to high. Does anyone know why he pressure keeps building up as the turbo does not give any problems while I am driving. If not does any boby know what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

Thanks
    Erm,

Are you sure it's the turbo light ? I thought the 3 litres didn't have a turbo light.

It is more likely to be your engine check light - if so then you need to find the error codes from diagnostics

Here's the manual for the 3.0 litre KZN engine

Trev
    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 3 July 2007, 19:03. Reason: added link to manual
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      Erm,

Are you sure it's the turbo light ? I thought the 3 litres didn't have a turbo light.

It is more likely to be your engine check light - if so then you need to find the error codes from diagnostics

Trev
      No it's got one (if he's talking about the one in the rev counter) even has a pis of a turbo!

No idea why, only got mine yesterday......Talking of that, should it illuminate when the ignition is switched on (like all the other check lights)?
      Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

Originally posted by nishikigoi
        No it's got one (if he's talking about the one in the rev counter) even has a pis of a turbo!

No idea why, only got mine yesterday......Talking of that, should it illuminate when the ignition is switched on (like all the other check lights)?
        Ok, hippo didn't when I got her a few years back, she does NOW have a hole for one (I replaced the dials for white ones designed for both the 2.4 & 3.0 litre trucks.
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yes it is the light on the rev counter and it normally does light up when you start the engine, but now it is lighting up as I am driving. The manual says not to push the engine to hard while the light is on but to let the pressure go down slowly on its own. It use to happen now and again but for the last 2 weeks it happens every day

Comment

yep - thats right for a 3 litre
            its a warning light for turbo problems,
            it also comes on as a check light at initial ignition

dont know what fault in turbo it speciifically warns of though
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

sorry to interupt this thread but do you want to buy my surf for spares Andy?
              I'm near Drumaok/Culter I've listed an add if you want the spec. Cheers and hope the turbo problem isn't as bad as my cracked head ( again!!!)
              dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                yep - thats right for a 3 litre
                its a warning light for turbo problems,
                it also comes on as a check light at initial ignition

dont know what fault in turbo it speciifically warns of though

It's an over-boost warning light.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  It's an over-boost warning light.
                  .....which could answer the question. is the wastegate on the side of the turbo OK, check to see if the rubber hose is connected and not split
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

I aint got a turbo overpressure light! I have a check engine light, but that covers a multitude of sins, not just turbo problems.

I'm confused now... Thought only 2.4s had turbo lights, cos you need an indication that the turbo is actually working!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats a new one,the only way you would get over pressure is if the waste gate wasnt working as it should be.check the diaphram in the housing and make sure the waste gate actuator rod is moving freely.the only other thing you can do is drop the down pipe and see if there is something stopping the gate from opening.you should be able to see it with the down pipe removed.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        I aint got a turbo overpressure light! I have a check engine light, but that covers a multitude of sins, not just turbo problems.

I'm confused now... Thought only 2.4s had turbo lights, cos you need an indication that the turbo is actually working!

The 4Runner has the turbo overboost light.

I'll ignore your last comment.

Comment

Well, my light has just stuck on, even at idle

It is a turbo light, the manual say it's too much boost.........bu@@er!

Any good tips/instructions? (preferably with pic's )

And this was a 'keeper'........
                          Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

Working...
                          X