clunking noise when starting engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clunking noise when starting engine

Hi Guys can anyone shed a light on whats the cause of a clunking sound coming from the engine compartment when I start the surf when the engine is warm and not cold, It does not happen all the time and when it does I also get some black smoke from the exhaust, I thought maybe it could have been the starter motor but now im not to sure. Ive also checked to see if the engine mountings are knackered but they seem to be ok,Any ideas,Cheers.Andy
    I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER

Originally posted by Boyo
    Hi Guys can anyone shed a light on whats the cause of a clunking sound coming from the engine compartment when I start the surf when the engine is warm and not cold, It does not happen all the time and when it does I also get some black smoke from the exhaust, I thought maybe it could have been the starter motor but now im not to sure. Ive also checked to see if the engine mountings are knackered but they seem to be ok,Any ideas,Cheers.Andy
    are you pressing the throttle while starting, smoke is poss from the vibrations disslodging deposits in the exhaust.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Boyo

Hi andy, I am having the same problem with my surf, I had it checked out and the mechanics suggested it was the diesel pump. have you had any luck sine your last post.

Pete.

Comment

Working...
      X