White smoke!!! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke!!! Help

I've a 95 3.0TD ssrx Jap import with 125000km on the clock. Twice in the last fortnight when overtaking, O/D on for extra power, she's belched out a heavy cloud of white smoke. Not the normal diesel acceleration belch but a james bond style smoke screen!! Both times I pulled in (as the 2 old granny's i just passed in their micra drive by wagging their fingers!!) and it settled after a minute. She's a little late for her yearly service, due next week, but is regularly topped up with fresh oil and isn't driven too hard generally.. Any ideas on what this is?? Coolant issue maybe.. Cheers, Tim

Have you lost any coolant? grey smoke is not too unusual when you boot it, try putting a whole bottle of diesel redex in then tank when its onits last quater, turn the overdirve of and drive it like it has been stolen, check to make sure youve got not water and oil mix first. Does it smoke lots on start up? is there loss of power?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Cheers for the quick response Charvall. I'll give that a try.. Especially the driving it like it's stolen bit!! No smoke at startup or any other time for that matter but there's a bit of power loss when it billows like that..

Comment

Originally posted by tim1010
        Cheers for the quick response Charvall. I'll give that a try.. Especially the driving it like it's stolen bit!! No smoke at startup or any other time for that matter but there's a bit of power loss when it billows like that..

Could be over fuelling, unburnt diesel will produce white/grey smoke.
        Have you check to see if any fault codes have been logged?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Could be over fuelling, unburnt diesel will produce white/grey smoke.
          Have you check to see if any fault codes have been logged?

I'm pretty sure it's not over fuelling tho what do you mean by "fault codes"?

Comment

Originally posted by tim1010
            I'm pretty sure it's not over fuelling tho what do you mean by "fault codes"?
            have a read thru this thread
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24654
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X