Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing!

Evening all.
    I have finally got to drive my gen 3 after buying it two months ago. Since purchasing it I have had to replace the the head only to find the pump was not pulling the diesel from the fuel tank. I had a lift pump fitted and she now runs.
    I took it out today for the first time and have done around 150 miles. On my way home I noticed the overdrive light flashing on and off. The auto box is going into overdrive and seems really smooth though. I then noticed under quite hard acceleration that the four wheel drive and diff lock light started flickering on and off. Again the transmission seems to be doing everything it should and she pulls really well and is very smooth. Any ideas!
    I had become quite dispondent with the Surf as she has cost me a lot of unforeseen extra expense, but on driving it today I really enjoyed myself only to be greeted with the flashing lights. At the moment owning this vehicle is like the british press. It builds you up to knock you down.

Cheers, Simon.

First thing to check is the level and condition of the transmission fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      First thing to check is the level and condition of the transmission fluid.
      Thanks. What transmission fluid would you recommend?
      I have put the Surf in to low box with diffs locked then put it back in to 2wd high and reversed it up and down my gravel drive and took it for a run and the lights have stopped flashing. The Surf has been stood for three months or so and apart from 20 miles in the last couple of weeks today was my longest journey in it.

Simon.

Comment

DEXRON 11 or 111, Ive heard theres now a DEXRON 1V too but Im sure I saw Tony N saying NOT to use 1V,

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
          DEXRON 11 or 111, Ive heard theres now a DEXRON 1V too but Im sure I saw Tony N saying NOT to use 1V,

Bogus
          My mate recommended the dexron III in his Delica so I think thats what I will go for then.

Cheers, Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonT
            My mate recommended the dexron III in his Delica so I think thats what I will go for then.

Cheers, Simon.

Dextron II is what it is designed to be used with.

I use Comma AQM Dextron II

Comment

Working...
            X