Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacking point for rear tyres

hi there

can som1 show me a picture or tell me where abouts the jacking points are on the hilux rear wheels? cos i went to a small tyre garage to get the puncture fixed and the guy couldnt find the jacking point!!!! maybe hes a cowboy but i was a bit stumped too on the whereabouts of these parts.

kind regards mr angry grrrrrr

Rear axle housing or under the diff if you want both off the ground at once.

Nev

Comment

Most people just jack the rear axle, anywhere on the whole axle should solid enough. If for whatever reason you need to jack the body up there are bits of chassis visible they are just a long way off the floor for most jacks. The surf is pretty solid generally any of the chassis is strong enough to lift it by. If your mechanic doesn't realise this I would worry about what else he doesn't know
      Darren

Comment

Also, tell the fitter that the wheel nuts unscrew anti-clockwise~

Comment

bwahahaha, this is a joke, right?.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            bwahahaha, this is a joke, right?.........

No, seriously. they unscrew anti-clockwise, I've done it myself many times and this way is the quickest!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              No, seriously. they unscrew anti-clockwise, I've done it myself many times and this way is the quickest!

He's right, I've done it aswell, and you definately have to unscrew them to get them off.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Angry
                hi there

can som1 show me a picture or tell me where abouts the jacking points are on the hilux rear wheels? cos i went to a small tyre garage to get the puncture fixed and the guy couldnt find the jacking point!!!! maybe hes a cowboy but i was a bit stumped too on the whereabouts of these parts.

kind regards mr angry grrrrrr

I CAN believe this. I had a Pug 106 once. The guy at ATS jacked the rear by putting the jack on the spare wheel tray. Put a bloo*y dent in it....

Jack it up under the rear diff. 4x4's don't have jack points as you can jack them up anywhere. The chassis is more than capable of being used, as are the diffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  NOTE
                  that is if you are looking at the wheel from alongside the motor ..not if you are under it looking for a jacking point!
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X