Spill control valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill control valve

Right chaps have a read and please post your suggestions.
    I ve got a 3 litre gen 3 surf import, went to see a friend some 170 miles away, got back into surf and it would nt start, checked all the usual things then opened an injector and attempted to start and no fuel coming from injector. RAC man says it your diesel start stop solenoid so I get recovered home on a truck. Next day buy new spill control valve one hundred ponds later and install, car starts straight away. So im well chuffed.
    Two weeks of starting and turning off no problem, then take another journey to leicester some 150 miles away, approx 4 hours later get in surf and it wont start, so open injector and no fuel, now my questions are am I just very unlucky and the spill control valve was faulty or is the ecu doing something it shoul nt be doing to the spill valve, or do I have an faulty ecu, any suggestions or assistance would be helpful as I am carless and am starting to loose my hair over this.

Originally posted by Eighties Flamer
    Right chaps have a read and please post your suggestions.
    I ve got a 3 litre gen 3 surf import, went to see a friend some 170 miles away, got back into surf and it would nt start, checked all the usual things then opened an injector and attempted to start and no fuel coming from injector. RAC man says it your diesel start stop solenoid so I get recovered home on a truck. Next day buy new spill control valve one hundred ponds later and install, car starts straight away. So im well chuffed.
    Two weeks of starting and turning off no problem, then take another journey to leicester some 150 miles away, approx 4 hours later get in surf and it wont start, so open injector and no fuel, now my questions are am I just very unlucky and the spill control valve was faulty or is the ecu doing something it shoul nt be doing to the spill valve, or do I have an faulty ecu, any suggestions or assistance would be helpful as I am carless and am starting to loose my hair over this.

Could be the breather valve is blocked on the fuel tank.
    Is there a hiss noise when you remove the filler cap?

Comment

spill control valve

I dont think its the breather but I will check, cheers Vince.

Not exactly an influx of suggestions.

Comment

If you suspect ECU then disconnect both batteries for 10 minutes to reset it and then try again.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X