More advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More advice needed

Right where do I start. I left my 3.0TD surf at the airport for a week when I came back to it the turned the motor a bit then there was a clunk not a jamed starter as the motor actually turned a small aamount, At first I thought the cam belt had broke so I got the vehicle recovered taking a closer look the belt wasn't broken but seamed very slack slack enough for the belt to have jumped some teeth.
    Fitting a new belt I found I had lost some water about 3 pints but oil level was OK. She started up OK and sounded fine so no bent valves, she didn't white smoke at all on idle but on driving round the town she smoked a bit for a short period then stopped.
    Opening the radiator cap when she is started gave the impression that maybe it was getting pressurised but it could be the proximity of the return hose to the rad feeding back in very close to the radiator cap.
    What I am now wondering is it wasn't a valve hitting the piston at all but hydraulic lock with water having seaped into one combustion chamber.
    I am only thinking this because of the water loss she never usually uses any.
    She seams to run OK, temperature a little higher than normal, any comments anyone?

Cheers Martin

Usual procedure. Replace both RADCAP & Thermostat for starters, Also check for leaks.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

If you take the radiator cap of a 3.o TD surf when cold and start the engine would you expect the water to come out the radiator filler. Here in Spain I don't have access to a tester to check presure in the rad I am woried either the head gasket has gone or the head is cracked.
      Cheers Martin

Comment

Working...
      X