Need advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice!

I have had starting problems for a few days now (ignition just clicking), after reading these forums i have purchased a starter motor kit from rough trax as i thought this was the problem.

I have also found a wire off from a sensor on the gearbox, there are 2 sensors the same, each with 2 wires connected to them, could someone please explain what they are and if this could be the problem and not the starter?

Also can these sensors be purchased somewhere? (going to look at roughtrax now )

Thanks

Originally posted by Chalky
    I have had starting problems for a few days now (ignition just clicking), after reading these forums i have purchased a starter motor kit from rough trax as i thought this was the problem.

I have also found a wire off from a sensor on the gearbox, there are 2 sensors the same, each with 2 wires connected to them, could someone please explain what they are and if this could be the problem and not the starter?

Also can these sensors be purchased somewhere? (going to look at roughtrax now )

Thanks
    Are your batteries OK
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

batteries are fine!
      Im pretty sure its the starter motor as the clicking sound i hear is the starter relay comming in!
      But i would still like to know what the sensors are at the top of the gearbox?
      (my guess would be something to do with the 4x4 but not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by Chalky
        batteries are fine!
        Im pretty sure its the starter motor as the clicking sound i hear is the starter relay comming in!
        But i would still like to know what the sensors are at the top of the gearbox?
        (my guess would be something to do with the 4x4 but not sure)

Add your truck details to your profile and we'll take it from there!

Comment

Sorted the starting issue and it was the starting motor contacts, i never jacked the car up i just put it on full lock and undid the starting motor bolts through the wheel arch.
          Also had to undo and move dipstick then just pull off fuel pipes and lift starter up through engine compartment.
          I will now try and sort that sensor out, my truck is a kzn130

Comment

Working...
          X