Urgent!!Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!!Help needed

Some may remember i posted about a month ago saying my cylinder head had gone on my surf. Its was taken in to a garage where it was going to be done on the warranty, heard today warranty company aint gonna fix it!! garage say they will do it but i have to pay £2200!!!!!! So im stuck with my truck in bits in a garage in sunny Blyth(newcastle) with no options can anyone give me any help as ive got no where to store it and really only want shot of it now as aint got the mechanical knowledge to do it myself or the cash to pay anyone that kind of money

Head job should cost about £1400.00

Tell them it's too dear and to put it back together and you'll have it towed.

Why is it in bits, and why won't the warrenty company fix it??
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

If it was under warranty i don't see that the garage/warranty company have got any choice, lean on them a bit and see if they give at all, even if you only get free labour then go to Stevo for the head.(http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html)
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Dont know havent been to see it , told me they have had to strip it down and send the head away to pressure test they rekon its cracked in two places and want me to pay them for stripping it down to , warranty company say they would pay if it was warpped but not cracked

Comment

Go to the garage and see it for yourself and talk to the manager.

Tell them the warping caused it to crack, and see what they say?

Also check your warrenty paperwork VERY carefully, read the small print.

Defo lean on the warrenty company, and threaten to hand over to trading standards, and also inform watchdog, and see what they say to that.

They are an ins comp and those f**kers always try to get out of paying till you get nasty.
          Rob

Comment

warranty

Alright Ian, most car sales warranties are useless, i've dealt with loads of them and they will try any trick to get out of paying. Unfortunately i havn't seen one that will cover a cracked head and most have a clause excluding cracked heads, i know its not what you need to hear, have you tried to collect from the dealer who sold you the car ? there is a statutary period where they are responsible for any repairs disregarding any bull$$$$ warranty they may have given you. Give us a call on 01614766144 for any advice.
            Cheers, Steve.

Comment

In a bizzare twist of fate the dealer where i bought the car has suddenly packed up!! dissapeared from the retail park?!?!?!? the guy who is doing the work on my car says the dealer owes him 3k but apparently has f****d off to spain!!!! Which puts me in a strange position as i currently have a Impreza Sti Wagon as a courtesy car from him!!! Not sure what to do know??? havent heard anything from the dealer before he packed in and cant get in touch with him now any one got any thoughts??????

Comment

Originally posted by Ianman
                In a bizzare twist of fate the dealer where i bought the car has suddenly packed up!! dissapeared from the retail park?!?!?!? the guy who is doing the work on my car says the dealer owes him 3k but apparently has f****d off to spain!!!! Which puts me in a strange position as i currently have a Impreza Sti Wagon as a courtesy car from him!!! Not sure what to do know??? havent heard anything from the dealer before he packed in and cant get in touch with him now any one got any thoughts??????
                Sell the Imprezza to the guy who has your surf in exchange for new head!
                Rob

Comment

problem is i aint got any documents for the impreza!!!

Comment

If you know any coppers you could ask them to do a PNC check to find the registerd keeper, and trace them, they may have PX'd it so he would be the owner, then you just apply for the docs and they post to him saying that someone is requesting the docs and if he don't answer within 6 weeks they send them out.

At least thats how it used to work.

Or if you know someone a bit Iffy, sell it for cash.
                    Last edited by plumb bob; 18 April 2007, 20:43.
                    Rob

Comment

That

Would be a tidy result
                      I'd be more than happy with outcome myself

Comment

Anyone else know any police that can do a PNC check for me???

Comment

Originally posted by Ianman
                          Anyone else know any police that can do a PNC check for me???
                          I know 2 both mates PM the registration & i'll get it checked out
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Cheers marky , you have Pm mate!

Comment

This is off DVLA Website for starters.

The vehicle details for ****** are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2007
                              Date of First Registration 01 07 2005
                              Year of Manufacture 1994
                              Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
                              CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
                              Fuel Type Petrol
                              Export Marker Not Applicable
                              Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
                              Vehicle Colour SILVER
                              Vehicle Type Approval
                              The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
                              Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
                              6 Months Rate £99.00
                              12 Months Rate £180.00
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X