annoying very loose rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying very loose rattle

can anyone help me please when ever i go over any bumps in me truck i get a very loose sounding rattle from the front suspension i just cant find nothing loose under there it sound like its under my side and about to drop off at any minute but everything i have touched is solid and sound!!

Originally posted by zulu
    can anyone help me please when ever i go over any bumps in me truck i get a very loose sounding rattle from the front suspension i just cant find nothing loose under there it sound like its under my side and about to drop off at any minute but everything i have touched is solid and sound!!
    mine was a loose bump stop on the lower wishbone but your anti roll bar bush may be shot
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

its going up on a four poster tomorrow for wheel balancing ill have a look but the bloke at the tyre center said he had no idea what it was either when he oiled the track rod ends saturday

Comment

i think i have a loose anti roll bar but not had a look yet - that would be my best bet.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

its going up on a four poster tomorrow for wheel balancing ill have a look but the bloke at the tyre center said he had no idea what it was either when he oiled the track rod ends saturday
          grab hold of the a/r/bar and see if you can easily move it about

Comment

ta i will its doing my head in. if i can move it easy then change the rubbers is that easy job?

Comment

ta i will its doing my head in. if i can move it easy then change the rubbers is that easy job?
              yea.you will see the 2 brackets where the bushes are but give the bolts a good dose of wd40 or something as they can snap off.you can get the bushes from milners.If all goes smoothly 10 minuits

Comment

might as well do them as a process of elimination hey thanks alot for your help

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  give the bolts a good dose of wd40 or something as they can snap off
                  There speaks a voice of experience.....

Comment

"tell me about it" i love these trucks to bits but if my missus needed this much attention i'd stay single

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      There speaks a voice of experience.....
                      too true there

Comment

the smaller skid plate on mine needed bending down a bit because it was rattelling against that box thingy, it sounded like the exahst was going to drop off on initial start up.
                        When the engin was warm and in nutral the vibrations made it sound as if there was a gearbox problem.
                        i cut a piece of rubber off an old tyre (about 2"x4" and slid that in the gap)
                        Last edited by davemaxx; 17 April 2007, 01:53.

Comment

Could be a long way off but.....

The front drive shafts where CV joint enters hub can create a racket when going over bumps too!......I'll get me coat

Comment

Worn bronze bushes in the wheel hub?

Where in Warks are you? If it's local I could take a look.

Comment

i am in coventry, i had the truck on ramps today and the a/r/bar bushes were loose as they come i could move the whole bar the new ones turn up tomorrow. Thanks for all your help this may not be The End!!

Comment

Working...
                              X