yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at buying - Any probs i should look for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying - Any probs i should look for??

Hi,

As above looking at a 3ltr L reg hopefully later today with 85k on the clock, is there anything specific or inherant with these models that i should be aware of or look out for??

Cheers in advance,

Gray

do a search, theres loads of threads about it

Comment

cheers for that - on looking at the first 2 pages of 500 i see there seems to be nothing but expensive head problems so problem solved = sack it for a bad idea!! cheers, Gray

(i know these veh's are getting on and bits need replaceing but my old (now sold) impreza seemed less prone to probs)

Comment

Originally posted by GrayB
        cheers for that - on looking at the first 2 pages of 500 i see there seems to be nothing but expensive head problems so problem solved = sack it for a bad idea!! cheers, Gray

(i know these veh's are getting on and bits need replaceing but my old (now sold) impreza seemed less prone to probs)
        There's not that many head problems with the 3.0, are you mistaking it for the 2.4 ?

Some 2.4 problems are due to pushing the old girls too hard, or not tending to cooling maintenance, however once the head has been replaced they seem to be ok.

I would also guess that the problem seems worse than it is, for every head failure there must be a fair number that haven't failed.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i've had a 2.4 for 2 years without any problem and had my 3.0 for 1 year and no probs apart from the turbo i blew on the way home from salisbury at xmas but that was my fault.Your not thinking of going to that expensive garage at St Dennis are you cause i would steer well clear of his prices.If you wantt to have a look and test drive of mine anytime you are welcome to come down to Camborne and take a look and drive and any advice i can give you
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

grayb nice to know there is someone close by neighbour im in roche lol you cetainly wont miss me when in bodmin lol
            Last edited by pirate-storm; 17 April 2007, 01:19.

Comment

cheers for the replies peeps,

cheers stormforce, not off to St Dennis - met someone at a car boot selling a 3ltr, the missus fell for it straight away £3600 or thereabouts for an L reg with 85k on t clock. it looks very clean big split rim alloys and the obligatory chrome bull bars, very clean inside, not at all battered or scratched up.

I like that paintwork Pirate V nice!!

what else should i check for, does the chassis suffer from rot, gearbox noises, (its an auto) is the auto prone to any probs or are they pretty much bomb proof?

Comment

cheers stormforce, not off to St Dennis - met someone at a car boot selling a 3ltr, the missus fell for it straight away £3600 or thereabouts for an L reg with 85k on t clock. it looks very clean big split rim alloys and the obligatory chrome bull bars, very clean inside, not at all battered or scratched up.

what else should i check for, does the chassis suffer from rot, gearbox noises, (its an auto) is the auto prone to any probs or are they pretty much bomb proof?
                The auto box is normally ok, it's worth checking for rust, the bumpers seem to suffer first.

Check ALL windows operate, especially the rear.

Find out when cambelt was last changed too - it should have been done when it came over, otherwise at 62,500 miles roughly (100,000km).

Check the AC works - yep you can use it over here - mind you I wouldn't say mine is an arctic blast, but it does cool the cabin down.

Check the tyres, jap tyres tend to be old and looking dodgy (cracking etc)

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi
                  .The chasis won't rot and the gear box is just about bomb proof.Just look for anything you would on any motor.Don't use 4wd on the road unless it's snow or icy or it will turn out expensive to repair.Make sure the cam belt has been changed or get it changed if the owner doesn't know when it was last done and give it a good service oil oil filter air filter fuel filter and a bottle of redex rad cap and thermostat and then you will know that everything has been done.If you want to meet a few people for a weekends off roading and greenlaning then take a look in the off road section for the run to the sun in September in Camborne
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                  X