Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your mpg?

Hi there!
    Could you guys tell me what sort of MPG do you get out of your vehicle as I understand the 3L engine is the one to go for; the smaller engines seem to have problems with cilinder heads and so onif I've read correctly(considering getting a Surf to use mainly off-road).
    Thanks.

as far as i know but i might be wrong everyone gets between 18-25mpg whichever truck they got 2.4, 3l

Comment

If you type "mpg" into the search box at the top you'll find this has been covered many many times.
      Mike G

Comment

mpg?
        Something that I wasn't bothered about when I bought my truck, just wanted a good looking 4X4.
        If you're using it mainly off-road, then it's gonna be thirsty anyway.

p.s. 3.0 heads crack too you know!

Comment

I get 30mpg. However I live 2 hrs from a motorway so cruise the A roads at 55ish. I wouldn't get near that if I was on motorways.

Dave

Comment

I got 30mph coming back north with new engine but I kept to speeds at 45 mph and let the speed build slowly. I'm never in a hurry when driving the Surf enjoying it now , just changed oil and filter today after it's first 500 mile service.

Cheers JB
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

A 3.0L will yield around 27mpg (steady 65-70 on the motorway) going right down to something like 15mpg offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                A 3.0L will yield around 27mpg (steady 65-70 on the motorway) going right down to something like 15mpg offroad.
                the differance between the 2.4 & 3.0 is neglagable (Speeling mistook?) all I know is I fill the damn things up between once and twice a week!
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

my uk 4runner with the 1kzt returns an average of 27mpg. Hasn't changed more then 1-2 mpg average over the last 60000 miles.

if i nail her up and down the m1 she'll do a little less than 25, i can get near 30 but only if i drive like my dead gran....

Comment

Working...
                  X