Front Brake Calipers for 93 Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brake Calipers for 93 Surf

First post quick question. I need to replace my front brake calipers on my 93 Desiel surf as they are sticking. What other calipers will be a direct fit? 4 runner of the same year or land cruiser etc. Any help appreciated as parts are hard to get down here in the Cayman Islands
    Thanks

front cals

have a chat with these guys they are a great help

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=140

Comment

Originally posted by horneman
      First post quick question. I need to replace my front brake calipers on my 93 Desiel surf as they are sticking. What other calipers will be a direct fit? 4 runner of the same year or land cruiser etc. Any help appreciated as parts are hard to get down here in the Cayman Islands
      Thanks
      The calipers can be overhauled with care. Basically it's a case of stripping them down and removing any rust making them stick with very fine emery cloth. Do not take too much off or the pistons will leak. If the rubber seals are in good condition they can be re-used (I bought a refurb kit but never used the parts). Then it's a case of cleaning it all really thoroughly and re-assmbly.

Tip- do not press the brake pedal with nothing in-between the calipers!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I may try and refurb them but if the seals are shot I may have to buy the parts. So any idea if 4runner parts will fit the surf and what year? Thanks

Comment

From the EPC.... The calipers are the same as those fitted to UK & Nato spec 4Runners (don't know about US models as our EPC only covers Europe & Japan, but they're probably the same)
          You need ones from the 08/91 to 11/95 model 2nd Gen as earlier ones are different p/n's.
          No other Toyota models share the same calipers according to the EPC
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Awesome thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
            X