speedo froken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo froken

The speedo has not worked since I bought the surf. The previous owner mentioned a faulty "speedo-chip". Well, I`ve read all the posts, stripped dash and checked the wires on the back of clock-unit. All terminals are plugged in correctly. I`ve checked for an aftermarket chip wired in but can`t see anything there. I`ve unplugged and cleaned all the connections on the gearbox and transfer case. Could it be a faulty speedo-sensor unit in the gearbox case and if so which one is this and do Milners sell them?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    1993 3 litre auto.
    Powered by Toyota!

has the speedo face been changed, if it has then the needle might have been pushed on to hard, or it could be the cable

Comment

speedo

Originally posted by sledge
      has the speedo face been changed, if it has then the needle might have been pushed on to hard, or it could be the cable
      Hi Sledge,
      Yes the speedo face was changed but probably when the vehicle was imported in 2003. It has worked since changed according to service mileage records. It`s also electronic-driven which points to the following-
      1. A faulty speedo sensor unit
      2. A faulty wire/wiring harness between sensor and clock.
      3. A faulty clock.
      Anybody else experienced this problem?
      cheers,
      chris