Oil Leak On The Rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak On The Rear

Last week I noticed oil/grease on the outside of the rear brake drum.. Then while driving the handbrake cable did not release the near side brake drum, it became very hot, managed to release it by removing the drum covers and greasing up the cables links and now running free.. but worried about the grease and oil on the off-side drum cover, smells like the diff oil.. what could it be?? inner or outter seals??
    Could anyone explain the rear diff, there appears to be oil feeders to rear diff.. help please..how do they work?

Originally posted by BEVAN
    Last week I noticed oil/grease on the outside of the rear brake drum.. Then while driving the handbrake cable did not release the near side brake drum, it became very hot, managed to release it by removing the drum covers and greasing up the cables links and now running free.. but worried about the grease and oil on the off-side drum cover, smells like the diff oil.. what could it be?? inner or outter seals??
    Could anyone explain the rear diff, there appears to be oil feeders to rear diff.. help please..how do they work?
    I can't help you but, if you could put your vehicle details in your profile, others can.

Comment

its a Toyoya Surf 1996 (kzn185) model.. Another question, I have seen other posts stating a blocked breather?? where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BEVAN
        its a Toyoya Surf 1996 (kzn185) model.. Another question, I have seen other posts stating a blocked breather?? where is it?
        On the top of the diff.

Comment

I've had this problem a few times,sounds like a blocked breather.Fit a new breather attach a pipe to the breather and attach this to a higher position out of the way of spray,mud etc.