3rd gen surf MPG??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen surf MPG??

hi, just bought a 3rd gen ssr-x surf and am a bit worried about the amount of diesel its drinking, I'm only getting 130 km (90 miles) for £20, I'm not pushing it hard either!! is this normal? it has A/T tyres on which I want to change for bridgestone duelers in the hope that this will help, should I be driving with the overdrive on or off? its a 97 3.0 td auto. is there anything else I can do? what are the pros and cons of LPG or veggie oil? any info would be great cheers

90 Miles For 20 Quid Is Not Too Far Off The Mark I Get About 280 For 50 In My 3lt 2nd Gen You Should Get A Bit More Give You Motor A Good Service Change Oil And Filters Check Tyre Pressure And Lift Your Right Foot A Bit I DRIVE HARD SO SHOULD GET A BIT MORE LPG NOT A OPTION VEG OIL HAS PROS AND CONS TRY DOING A SEARCH ON IT
    Last edited by dyte; 16 February 2007, 00:57.

Comment

overdrive should be on all the time , unless towing uphills.

veg oil is a cheaper option mixing with derv . but mpg will drop ever so slightly

Comment

Originally posted by northcountryboy76
        hi, just bought a 3rd gen ssr-x surf and am a bit worried about the amount of diesel its drinking, I'm only getting 130 km (90 miles) for £20, I'm not pushing it hard either!! is this normal? it has A/T tyres on which I want to change for bridgestone duelers in the hope that this will help, should I be driving with the overdrive on or off? its a 97 3.0 td auto. is there anything else I can do? what are the pros and cons of LPG or veggie oil? any info would be great cheers

A realistic MPG figure for your truck would be somewhere between 26 & 30
        Providing your tyres are correctly inflated (30psi) your not in 4WD, and your engine oil and all filters are in excellent condition.

Comment

mpg

the best ive got is 260 miles out of £50 and i do have a lead right foot
          To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Comment

Working...
          X