yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i tell if my surf has had a lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i tell if my surf has had a lift?

I have just purchased an SSR-X 3rd gen 1996 3.0TD. I posted some piccies on here link below

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29829

and was told that it was pretty certain that it had had a lift judging by its appearance and the fact that the springs at the rear were a bright blue colour.

Are there any measurements i can take to determine how much lift it has been given?

Also what size tyres can you fit if it has been lifted ( I suspect it is a 2" lift)

Cheers

stu

From memory - if you measure from the top of a rim (assuming they are 15'') the standard distance should be about 14'' to the wheel arch.

Any bigger and its a lift.

I got blue springs = Land Cruiser which lift the back about 3''.

You'll probably find the back higher than the front. Search the site for torsion bar adjustment.

I've also got a 1.5'' body lift and I fit 33'' tyres when off roading.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      From memory - if you measure from the top of a rim (assuming they are 15'') the standard distance should be about 14'' to the wheel arch.

Any bigger and its a lift.

I got blue springs = Land Cruiser which lift the back about 3''.

You'll probably find the back higher than the front. Search the site for torsion bar adjustment.

I've also got a 1.5'' body lift and I fit 33'' tyres when off roading.
      It's a '96, thus most likely a 3rd Gen, so it'll have 16" rims, no idea if LC springs will fit a 3rd gen, and no torsion bars.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        It's a '96, thus most likely a 3rd Gen, so it'll have 16" rims, no idea if LC springs will fit a 3rd gen, and no torsion bars.
        Thanks both of you - I will check what the rims are and the distance to the arches- it should give me an idea by the sounds of it anyway.

Its certainly higher at the back and compared to others I viewed it certainly looks lifted.

cheers

stu

Comment

Thats definately lifted.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Thats definately lifted.

Thanks TonyN - I was hoping it might be

Do you have any other ideas on how to determine the amount of lift or is the suggestion made earlier in this thread still hold up for 16" rims?

Can't wait to take it off road now - shouldn't be long before I can collect it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X