Clutch/Gearbox help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricksurf
    Just noticed Milners offer choice of clutches for a kzn130 type surf which I think yours loosely is.....has the garage fitted the right one?

I just had a look on the Roughtrax site (slow day) and they said this about one of their clutch kits:

"Clutch Kit diesel 3.0 litre, contains friction plate, pressure plate and thrust bearing. Fits KZN185, & UK 4 Runner. We have also found many KZN130 model Surfs run this larger 260mm clutch plate diameter clutch, however the only way to be absolutely sure is to measure the clutch plate first. If fitted with the 260mm plateuse this CL016 kit, or if the smaller 240mm plate is fitteduse the CL005A kit"

You might have the wrong size clutch plate in there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

You might have the wrong size clutch plate in there.....
      Yeah, this is why I aways take the clutch out before ordering the new one.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well finally i got the truck back.

The clutch is the same as they fitted origonally, but this time they fitted the newer thrust bearing fork.

Now its quiet again.

At last i have my toy and a grin back on my face. Having to drive my daughters nissan micra with pink furry dice and pink seat covers knocked the grin right off.
        Last edited by Grimreeper; 8 February 2007, 22:33.
        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

HOORAY! Guess your happy again!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Nice one !

Comment

Same problem I have had, what was the final cure in the end...and my clutch is still juddering when I pull away even after it has been adjusted!

N.B. I have had the Rough Trax kit fitted, conversion kit from dual mass to solid UK flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by TimS
                Same problem I have had, what was the final cure in the end...and my clutch is still juddering when I pull away even after it has been adjusted!

N.B. I have had the Rough Trax kit fitted, conversion kit from dual mass to solid UK flywheel.
                Mine used to judder b4 i had the the new clutch. I think it was down to the bearing. A few things could cause a judder its just finding it thats the costly bit whether its in time, money or both.
                BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

After all the hassle with new box in out in out in out.

THE RATTLE IS BACK ....... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

After only a few days it was back.

It seemed quite for a few days of local (6 miles max) then when i when on a longer trip the rattle came back.

Now its back for good even when cold.

Is the only answer a louder radio lol
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                  X