Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break Pedal Travel HELP

Hi Guys....Have today changed all the break pads and shoes on surf
    I used an easybleader kit to change and push all the old fluid and air out of pipes....NOW... I had this problem before i started thats why i changed the pads & shoes to see if it would solve the problem. But i still got it...
    The problem is... With the engine running..pump break pedal and hold down
    pedal slowly travels to the floor....Ran another check with easybleader.same problem....have put two big dot 3 bottles through system.... all nipples are tight...I am and never was loosing any fluid before i started...Have checked
    all vacume pipes for splits or breaks...none...But with engine off pump pedal and hold and the pedal is hard with NO travel...Is my servo knackered And if so wheres the best place to get one........thanks
    Last edited by welshsurf; 23 January 2007, 22:23.

Right...do this...

Pump the brake pedal about 10-20 times to evacuate the servo of any stored vacuum. Press pedal hard...it should feel rock hard and be at the top of its stroke. Now keep that pressure on and start the engine, you should feel the pedal sink about a quarter of its total travel....this confirms the servo and vacuum pump are ok.

Now you need top clamp each of the brake flexible hoses with a suitable device...eg a proper brake pipe clamp or a pair of mole grips and someyhing to protect the pipe from the jaws of the grips.With all pipes clamped you should have a rock hard pedal. If so good now remove one at a time each clamp, testing pedal feel after each clamp is released. This method isolates a potential fault area.
    If as you describe your pedal goes to the floor then you could have a brake master cylinder leak.....new one or a repair kit needed.

Comment

Working...
    X