Why two???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why two???

Look on the search and can't find the answer to this one, I know the surf has two batteries as this is part of the winter pack, but does anyone know what each of the batteries do?

As i am wondering if i could utilise them whilst camping?

any ideas?

Originally posted by gg_online
    Look on the search and can't find the answer to this one, I know the surf has two batteries as this is part of the winter pack, but does anyone know what each of the batteries do?

As i am wondering if i could utilise them whilst camping?

any ideas?
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...5215#post25215

Comment

Actually, every EFI 2.4 and 3.0 2nd gen Surf has 2 batteries, it not an option, only the pre-91 and 3rd gens came with one and a winter option of two batterys.

The proper 'winter pack' has a fuel heater built into the fuel filter, heated mirrors and heated driver seat. Kitesurf Phil is the only person I know with one.

The two batterys are in effect one big one, but saving space, to use one for leisure stuff you'd need to isolate it from the other one and fit a split charger. (and uprate the battery that left so it'll start the car on its own reliably)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Actually, every EFI 2.4 and 3.0 2nd gen Surf has 2 batteries, it not an option, only the pre-91 and 3rd gens came with one and a winter option of two batterys.

The proper 'winter pack' has a fuel heater built into the fuel filter, heated mirrors and heated driver seat. Kitesurf Phil is the only person I know with one.

The two batterys are in effect one big one, but saving space, to use one for leisure stuff you'd need to isolate it from the other one and fit a split charger. (and uprate the battery that left so it'll start the car on its own reliably)

Like this:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm

Doesn't mine have some weird winter option? I thought that's why I can't turn the sidelights off. Looks like a lifted Volvo.....

Comment

thanks guys, only had mine 11 days so still learning what everything does etc...

G

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Like this:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm

Doesn't mine have some weird winter option? I thought that's why I can't turn the sidelights off. Looks like a lifted Volvo.....
            Yeah, forgot about you! You petrol truck has a fuel heater as well, its on the inside of the O/S chassis rail if your interested!

And the side lights thing of course, Phil never mentioned if his 2.4 does that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

..... also if you do that you would be better to upgarde the "leisure" battery to a true leisure battery. Car batteries don't like it up 'em you see (in english we say, car batteries do not like being discharged to nearly flat then re-charged (deep cycled)) Leisure batteries cope with that much better
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Tony

My 3rd gen has heated seats at the front & heated mirrors (they come on the same time as the heated rear window) don't know about the fuel heater - how do i tell???

ta

hawaii
                I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                  Tony

My 3rd gen has heated seats at the front & heated mirrors (they come on the same time as the heated rear window) don't know about the fuel heater - how do i tell???

ta

hawaii
                  Have a look on the top of the fuel filter housing, heated ones have a bunch of wires going into the top by the primer pump.

Comment

well I never

had a look and tghere they are - just need a trip to antarctic to make sure it works

cheers m8

hawaii
                    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
                    X