Thermostat housing bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat housing bolts

Have just changed coolant on my 3.0 KZN130 after much research and helpful advice in old threads from regulars on the forum. However, I baulked at changing the thermostat (thanks Vince for diagram) because my 10mm socket is not a snug fit on the housing bolts, and 9mm is too small. I don't want to round the top of the bolt off. Are they all 10mm? Anybody know?

10mm as far as I can remember like much of the stuff on the trucks.
    Try a better set of sockets? Check to see if the bolts are corroded first by getting in close in good light. Use some WD if they appear to be a problem.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

yea definately 10mm as i done mine a couple of weeks ago.i found a 10mm deep socket was better for the bolt underneathand when you go to put it back together again just make sure the thermostat is sat in the housing properly as mine kept slipping out as i was putting the outer housing back
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

Done it-just needed courage to turn socket! What a struggle, though-the lack of space on the 3.0 litre makes it a pain-like painting your hall by reaching through your letter box. Still, I've got a week for the skin to grow back on my knuckles. Just hope to Christ it snows next week so I can feel smug.

Comment

Originally posted by carrotcruncher
            Done it-just needed courage to turn socket! What a struggle, though-the lack of space on the 3.0 litre makes it a pain-like painting your hall by reaching through your letter box. Still, I've got a week for the skin to grow back on my knuckles. Just hope to Christ it snows next week so I can feel smug.
            just pray you don't have to take the turbo out then.My hands are still scabbing over from last week
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

10mm nuts

Fun hey....I did mine as part of a new head overhaul and i found that on all the nuts and bolts that had to come off i found that a 16 multi sided socket set is a must. Kept all my skin on the knuckles in place done it all in 1 afternoon.LEARNING ALL THE TIME

Comment

Working...
              X