disc and pad change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc and pad change

Hi guys im gonna change my discs and pads this weekend i just want to know is it a straight forward job or is there any little tricks i need to know

cheers guys

oh p/s if you change the oil , how much is required with a new filter

thanks guys

Originally posted by Holley-A
    Hi guys im gonna change my discs and pads this weekend i just want to know is it a straight forward job or is there any little tricks i need to know

cheers guys

oh p/s if you change the oil , how much is required with a new filter

thanks guys
    don't know about the the brakes but you'll need 7l of semi synthetic
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

is there a best brand that is commonly used by you guys sorry about the stupid replys but i dont like wasting money buying the wrong $$$$

Comment

is there a best brand that is commonly used by you guys sorry about the stupid replys but i dont like wasting money buying the wrong $$$$
        i got my oil from milners when i ordered the filters.
        I think with the brakes you have to take the front wheel bearings out to get the disc off tho
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11059

Comment

any special tools required .......apart from me

Comment

cheers stormforce and bushwacker gonna order some hub seals before changing discs

Comment

54 mm socket mate. and some grease to repack the hub bearings
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

And a piece of cloth or rag to cover the hub flange to catch he cone washers when they won't come of and they have to be 'coaxed' with a BFH!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    And a piece of cloth or rag to cover the hub flange to catch he cone washers when they won't come of and they have to be 'coaxed' with a BFH!
                    Oh yes..... them buggers do fly!.... I found out the hard way & spent hours looking for them (with a torch!)
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

regarding the oil ive got some castrol GTD 10/40,was at milners yesterday but didnt think to get the oil, well anyway will let you know how i get on.

PS had lunch at the cat & fiddle first time there on 4 wheels......glad though when it started to hammer it down !!

Comment

Oh Dear.....

regarding the oil ive got some castrol GTD 10/40,was at milners yesterday but didnt think to get the oil, well anyway will let you know how i get on.

PS had lunch at the cat & fiddle first time there on 4 wheels......glad though when it started to hammer it down !!
                        Now you will have to keep going back regularly for the antedote

Comment

Working...
                        X