Central locking on the key problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking on the key problem

got a problem with the central locking on the key fob, it just doesnt work anymore, had a new battery fitted a few weeks ago, and thought that might have been duff so had another new one slapped in just. still no go, it did work briefly a earlier today..

i have a cobra alarm fitted and the bloke who installed it (a year ago) said it needed a negative signal or summat to operate the central locking and the cobra doesnt do that.

as the key is more worn than the lock it doesnt always work in there either so i have to drag my fat ass in through the boot... not a good look

any ideas?
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Originally posted by andrewlee31
    got a problem with the central locking on the key fob, it just doesnt work anymore, had a new battery fitted a few weeks ago, and thought that might have been duff so had another new one slapped in just. still no go, it did work briefly a earlier today..

i have a cobra alarm fitted and the bloke who installed it (a year ago) said it needed a negative signal or summat to operate the central locking and the cobra doesnt do that.

as the key is more worn than the lock it doesnt always work in there either so i have to drag my fat ass in through the boot... not a good look

any ideas?

Mine has the original yota key with built in remote. I assume yours is the same.

You gotta be careful the guy puts a 12mm cell in it as the bloke who fitted a new one in mine 2 weeks ago tried to "FOB" good eh? me off with one slightly smaller that did not contact properly due to diameter being very slightly smaller. It seems the panasonic cell in mine is not standard to europe and was special order.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

im on the original key as well al, ill look at the battery size. wheres me vernier when need it..
      Last edited by andrewlee31; 12 January 2007, 19:12.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

nope thats not it, wont work even if im holding the battery in the key fob and operating the buttons with a small prodding device....

BUGGER
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I have heard of the button pushers on the PCB inside moving off the contacts on some remotes before. Also a hairline crack in the board can cause the board to bend and stop it working. I don't know where the recievers are but it may be worth checking for damp or dodgy connections on or around the reciever aswell if you can find it.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

no visable problems on the pcb of the key, getting stuck.. any other ideas anyone?
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
            X