Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Idler Arm....

....MOT failure Arrghhhhh!!!

Worn/too much free play in the said item (maybe not a surprise in a 10 year old car). See attached photo for the worn item.

Any ideas if the 'rod' or 'sleeve' part is most likely to have worn?

BTW Milners want £95+VAT for this part- can anyone think of cheaper source...

picture.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 8 September 2003, 22:10.

Comment

Its very easy to do a repair job on these. You can buy a repair kit which consists basically of two bushes which go inside the housing.
      Check this link
      http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/idler/

That should have all the info you need!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Bushes

Milners do the idler bushes £2-00p each there a doddle to fit, there only nylon.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Delboy- thanks for the link- everything perfctly explained!!!

Bob- just seen them- might as well doo both sides at that price. At least I don't need the metal work!

This forum is great for these little hints and tips- the right answers in minutes- long may it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            Its very easy to do a repair job on these. You can buy a repair kit which consists basically of two bushes which go inside the housing.
            Check this link
            http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/idler/

That should have all the info you need!
            Just spent an interesting 15 mins looking through that, very interesting

I think our lords and masters who run the forum should have a "sticky" section just for all those usefull links
            Cheers
            Keith
            I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
              Just spent an interesting 15 mins looking through that, very interesting

I think our lords and masters who run the forum should have a "sticky" section just for all those usefull links
              Cheers
              Keith
              I agree I think we might need to do just that, probably in the tech section.

I'm glad that was found as I need to do those before the next MOT (luckily not for 10 months) as they passed with an advisory last time.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                I agree I think we might need to do just that, probably in the tech section.

I'm glad that was found as I need to do those before the next MOT (luckily not for 10 months) as they passed with an advisory last time.

Cheers
                andy what about putting this in as well its the autobox fluid change & info on coolers http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy...bemx/p_m20.htm
                [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                [size=5][/size]
                [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                  andy what about putting this in as well its the autobox fluid change & info on coolers http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy...bemx/p_m20.htm
                  Sounds like a good idea, lots of people ask about that one.

Cheers

Comment

LUCKY for £2-00p each l would do them know if you have been advised about them, otherwise the shaft at the bottom bush may wear in 10 months and you will have to replace that at nearly £100-00p plus vat and delivery.
                    the bushes can be done with out taking all of the idler arm off.
                    Live Life To The Full

Comment

I had to buy a whole idler arm because the shaft on mine had worn down so much, the bushes wouldnt work, andd the balljoint was gone too! Cost €180 ! Best to take care of them asap Lucky!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                      X