After oil change advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After oil change advice

Oil change went with out a hitch. Might not sound much but for someone who only has to look ata spanner to break something Im pleased.

I put in 7.1 L as advised by Toyota and the manual, but it seems a bit high on the dipstick. Will this cause any problems?

Also, the oil pressure seems lower. Pre oil change it sat around a third of the way up at most times. Now it is v low at tick over and rises to about 1/3 of the way up under load.

I seem to remember from an old renault I had years ago that the oil pressure gauge should rise and fall with different loads but thought I would ask the experts.

I just read Apaches thread regarding his high oil pressure. Is it possible mine seems to have dropped because of just new oil and a new filter?

Comment

Originally posted by Dillon1969
      Oil change went with out a hitch. Might not sound much but for someone who only has to look ata spanner to break something Im pleased.

I put in 7.1 L as advised by Toyota and the manual, but it seems a bit high on the dipstick. Will this cause any problems?

As long as it's not way above the high mark, it will be OK. Re-check it after a few miles of driving.
      Also, the oil pressure seems lower. Pre oil change it sat around a third of the way up at most times. Now it is v low at tick over and rises to about 1/3 of the way up under load.

That's normal.

I seem to remember from an old renault I had years ago that the oil pressure gauge should rise and fall with different loads but thought I would ask the experts.

The same happens with the Surf oil pressure gauge.

Comment

Working...
      X