Rear window with a mind of it's own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window with a mind of it's own

For ages, I've had an intermittant problem with the rear window. Often it won't do down using the outside key but it will from the switch inside, IF you have the drivers door closed. If the drivers doors open, then the red door light dosn't work and none of the electric windows will work either.
    I guess there's a wire almost broken in the loom from the door to the chassis.

Anyway, went to work Friday in the rain and had the rear wiper on - no problems.

Come out to go home and the window is all the way down, the boot is soaking wet but fortunatly nobody seems to have noticed as all my stuffs still in there. Couldn't persuade the window to go back up so had to drive home with the cab full of deisel fumes and freezing cold. At home removed the rear panel and shoved 12v directly into the motor and up went the window.

So, windows that magically go down on their own is a really worry - especially where I park the old girl.

I know the rear window mechnisim isn't the best on the planet and it needs regular maintenance etc, but has anybody seen the magic dropping window, and what did they do to fix it.
    For now, I've disconnected the motor but it's a bit silly. I thought I could use the window lock switch but even with that on you can still use the tail gate key so it might not be enough.

Thanks.
    Joe
Working...
X