fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel consumption

Hi there im running an L-reg 3.0td ssrx and i am getting about 190miles from a tank (£50) just driving round town. This gets better on the motorway but mabey only an extra 70 miles. Is there anything i can do to improve the thirstyness of my truck.

ive heard about some mod u can to to the ERG valve what is this, what do u do and is it ok to do it. Ive also seen something called a fuel cat anyone had any experience.

any sugestions?
    To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

sound just like my car and yours has a bigger engine... you should be grateful! :P
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Average is about 22-24mpg for a 3.0L 2nd Gen used on both town & M-way journeys. Yours does sound a bit low but around town they're not that economical. Have you tried changing the air filter and running a load of injector clearer through the system? That might help a bit but you're never going to get good mileage round town.
      Mike G

Comment

Put a small stone inside your right shoe!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ginger
          i am getting about 190miles from a tank (£50) just driving round town. This gets better on the motorway but mabey only an extra 70 miles.
          Hello,

That works out at about 16 and 21ish to the gallon.

You should get a bit better than that.

Use some redex to clean the injectors, and when was it serviced last? Air & fuel filter at least.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

i get about 16 and 21, a couple more if im good but I get bored so tend to drive flat out in 1st and 2nd often
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

cheers lads

Thanks for the info i will try all what you have said. I think the main problem is with my lead filled boots. I shall have to get wifey to buy me some lighter ones.

Does anyone know about this erg valve mod i keep seeing it on e-bay for £2.99.

Comment

Thanks for the info i will try all what you have said. I think the main problem is with my lead filled boots. I shall have to get wifey to buy me some lighter ones.

Does anyone know about this erg valve mod i keep seeing it on e-bay for £2.99.
                take a look here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/se...earchid=320031
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

take the pipe off point b, fold the pipe over and seal it with a cable tie mate, thats the lot
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

thanks

cheers lads for your help and the piccys. Ive just been out to the beast to see if i can find it and i have. I will have to steal i mean borrow some cable ties from work tomorrow and give it a go.

I dont notice black smoke much but then again the rear window is heavily tinted so i wouldnt see it when i boot it. Is it still worth doing if it dont smoke.

I must say for a big off roader they dont half go when you want them to. The other day i had some boy racer $$$$ pull up at the lights in a little peugeot 106 fartbox all chaved up and was revving wanting a race. i couldnt believe it so i did what any responsible adult would do and blew his $$$$$$ doors off when the lights went green he couldnt believe it that his motor got done by 2.5ton of tractor.

Cheers for ya help

Comment

cheers lads for your help and the piccys. Ive just been out to the beast to see if i can find it and i have. I will have to steal i mean borrow some cable ties from work tomorrow and give it a go.

I dont notice black smoke much but then again the rear window is heavily tinted so i wouldnt see it when i boot it. Is it still worth doing if it dont smoke.

I must say for a big off roader they dont half go when you want them to. The other day i had some boy racer $$$$ pull up at the lights in a little peugeot 106 fartbox all chaved up and was revving wanting a race. i couldnt believe it so i did what any responsible adult would do and blew his $$$$$$ doors off when the lights went green he couldnt believe it that his motor got done by 2.5ton of tractor.

Cheers for ya help
                      I think you've just answered the question yourself about your poor fuel economy
                      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

a visit to makro may help 50p a litre for veg oil .

Comment

Hi there im running an L-reg 3.0td ssrx and i am getting about 190miles from a tank (£50) just driving round town. This gets better on the motorway but mabey only an extra 70 miles. Is there anything i can do to improve the thirstyness of my truck.

ive heard about some mod u can to to the ERG valve what is this, what do u do and is it ok to do it. Ive also seen something called a fuel cat anyone had any experience.

any sugestions?
                          I get 23 mpg overall from mine
                          Trust your Hound.

Comment

when is the govt gonna start pushing this bio diesel stuff and getting petrol stations to start stocking it. Its gotta be cheaper than diesel is now

Comment

I believe that the few garages selling bio diesel, sell it for more than diesel.
                              WORK THAT ONE OUT!!
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                              X