Oil/water leak and drive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil/water leak and drive problems

On my return from work i pulled forward to reverse into my parking space and reverse felt like it wasn't engaged properly, it felt a bit like a clutch slipping on a manual surf, mine is automatic, when i got out there was a trail of fluids on the ground and when i looked it was an oil of some type but i could not see where it was coming from allthough i had just driven over 25 miles and the oil was not hot. Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse water started to leak from the radiator (i could see the anti-freeze in it) has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be ?.

The engine is running fine and there are no unusual noises.

I have just had a look in the light and there is a pipe that has come undone it is coming out of the bottom left of the engine as you look at it from the front and it looks as though this has ruptured the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
      I have just had a look in the light and there is a pipe that has come undone it is coming out of the bottom left of the engine as you look at it from the front and it looks as though this has ruptured the radiator.
      this sounds like the atf ( automatic transmission fluid ) coolant pipe as come away from the oil cooler ( bottom tank in the rad ) if the tube that connects to the tank as a crack/hole in it, then you will also be loosing coolant. you will need to drain the rad and remove it, you can repair it yourself with a blow lamp and some solder, but make sure that the area where the crack /hole is is spotlessly clean before applying solder i.e clean with wire wool.
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        this sounds like the atf ( automatic transmission fluid ) coolant pipe as come away from the oil cooler ( bottom tank in the rad ) if the tube that connects to the tank as a crack/hole in it, then you will also be loosing coolant. you will need to drain the rad and remove it, you can repair it yourself with a blow lamp and some solder, but make sure that the area where the crack /hole is is spotlessly clean before applying solder i.e clean with wire wool.

He's got a third gen Slim so might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          Thanks slim this sounds plausible what with the effect it had on the gearbox and everything, I won't be doing the repairs myself but I thought if someone knew about these things i could at least give the garage an idea of what it might be.

Comment

Working...
          X