No announcement yet.

Another smoky exhuast, with a twist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another smoky exhuast, with a twist...

After readin a lot of posts on here about hte EGR and also veg oil, I've unplugged the EGR and been runnin on a ratio of about 1:7 of veg oil to diesel. All has been fine for a few weeks and prob about 1000 miles.

At the wkend tho I was towing a car trailer with a Vauxhall Omega up the M62 towards Leeds and up a very steep bit of a hill when I got a large plume of what looked very pale blue/grey smoke. I was in drive with ECT on and the gearbox kicked down a couple taking it to about 3500 revs. The engine temp read about 3/4 with the pressure normal.

I let it slow down and it tailed off until there was no more smoke (maybe a min or so). I got where I was going after about another 40 miles hassle free. Checked the oil & water and theyre both fine. Done about 100 - 150 miles since with no problem.

Anyone any insight as I cr*pped my pants thinking blown engine at 1st? Could it be the veg oil is no good under stress?

Thnx.
    Last edited by Mat Johnson; 9 October 2006, 16:47. Reason: Not done

i reckon its just cos you was towing a big lump up a steep hill.. do you have a transmission cooler fitted?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Nope - not 1 on there, but as I said the engine temp was no where near red.

Comment

Working...
      X