technical help needed to reset cam belt warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technical help needed to reset cam belt warning light

guys can anybody tell me how ro reset the t belt warning light after changing the cam belt on the 3L turbo intercooler KZN185 model (1996)

It involves taking the dash clocks out I'm affraid, then you just remove a small screw from the rear of the speedo and re-insert it into the adjacent hole.

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#timing_belt
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 2 October 2006, 13:24.

Comment

yer trouble is it dosant always work soposed to do it says `so in the book but many times i have endid up with me speedo in bits mentions that the small cog with numbers on has to be in the corect position try geting it in the right position lol is it no 9 canot rimember of the top of my head ??
      Last edited by mrsurf; 4 October 2006, 00:48.

Comment

My bable fish has just died, could someone translate that for me?

p.s. I see that Vodka has 'kicked in' Paul!!

Comment

yes maybe your right vince lol was trying to say swaping the screws dosant always work ` and somthing about that numberd cog at the back of the tumblers ` when the speedo is in bits not got me book to look it up dose that sound any beter ???

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
            yes maybe your right vince lol was trying to say swaping the screws dosant always work ` and somthing about that numberd cog at the back of the tumblers ` when the speedo is in bits not got me book to look it up dose that sound any beter ???

Yep, that made prefect sense. So what your saying is that if you use three hinges instead of two, it will prevent the fish fingers burning after the birds have gone to Nova Scotia for the Winter!

Comment

somtimes i have had to bugger about with that small numberd wheel when the clocks in bits ` ok am giving up until tomorow until i can get the book back again and look at it in the cold light of day and sober hehe

Comment

i know what i mean lol and i wil prove it tomorow haha hehe wher has every one gon???

Comment

this is what i was on about vince` you wil have to blow the pic up to see beter if you change the belt before the 100,000klm this is what your soposed to do
                  Last edited by mrsurf; 4 October 2006, 20:43.

Comment

Working...
                  X