Should I buy it? 1994 3.0TD Pls Look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy it? 1994 3.0TD Pls Look!

My mates had this '94 4runner sitting around for 6 months with the head off. i did a bit of research and decided not to bother, but since reading here it looks like the 3.0 isn't half as prone to head probs as the 2.4? I was worried i get the head done and it'd just go again.

Nothing else wrong except the head. He reckons he can get a new head for 400 from birmingham somewhere but would this be the old one, not the re-designed one?

Figures i've seen here are more like 800. I can get it done pretty cheaply or maybe whole new engine. He just wants rid, interior is perfect, just a wee bit of bubbling around one door, chrome bumpers and running boards. I can get it for 300 quid- i want it, should i go for it?

Views appreciated--Rob.

yes, of course! not so sure about cheap heads though...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

As far as I know, there isn't a redesigned head for the 3 litres.. It was only the 2.4 that warranted a head redesign.

What are the bores etc like after being sat with no head for 6 months? That's my main concern..

£300 sounds like a bargain to me.. Even if it cost's you a grand to fix, it's still a decent price. BUT, the 4Runner is a lower specced truck than a Surf. ( I mean a/c, adjustable suspension, etc..)
      It just does, OK?

Comment

why did the head go ??? mine went as rad was ferked , look into why it went in first place
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

[QUOTE=dave.j.robbo]As far as I know, there isn't a redesigned head for the 3 litres.. It was only the 2.4 that warranted a head redesign.

According to my sources at Inchcape Toyota, there has been a running change on these heads and the same part no, has replaced the old head!

However when i asked what had they done to It he wasn't sure (he was the parts guy rather than workshops) but he is pretty sure that It is a modified head of a sorts!

There has been quite a few instances of early Colorado's cracking heads!

Cheers

Neil
          www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Working...
          X