Help anyone who's put a starter service kit on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help anyone who's put a starter service kit on

I am in the middle of trying to put the service kit on my 1993 3.0 starter motor but there is no way I can get the starter out, I've got it off OK and in a position to work on I have taken the cover off the plunger has dropped out followed by a ball bearing it looks as if it sits in the hole on the end of the plunger rod presumably to push the gear. The kit was from roughtrax but the instruction sheet doesn't show a ball bearing. Can anyone whose done this confirm the position of this ball bearing as I can't see anywhere else it could be from
    Thanks

Originally posted by martin-spain
    I am in the middle of trying to put the service kit on my 1993 3.0 starter motor but there is no way I can get the starter out, I've got it off OK and in a position to work on I have taken the cover off the plunger has dropped out followed by a ball bearing it looks as if it sits in the hole on the end of the plunger rod presumably to push the gear. The kit was from roughtrax but the instruction sheet doesn't show a ball bearing. Can anyone whose done this confirm the position of this ball bearing as I can't see anywhere else it could be from
    Thanks
    Yes it sits in the hole as you say. I had the same problem and replaced everything while it was in a position to work on as you. good luck.It wont take too long.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
    X