intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler

Hi to all, I知 almost one of you but without a clue so help me out guys please?
    I have the opportunity to buy a 97 SSRG with intercooler and as I have never owned a 4x4 with one what are the advantages or disadvantages other than an increase in power? I have to make a decision in the next few days so any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi namira ,

Advantage - increase in power, end of story.

Disadvantage - more to remove if you are adjusting tappets or changing rocker cover gasket. More to go wrong (i.e. hoses to leak etc).

Bottom line - I'd have the intercooler version if I had the chance.

Hope that helps.
    Brian

Comment

Hi Brian, It sure does help a lot and I will go with the advice. Huge thanks and I hope to post a pic when I get the Surf. I致e had lots of Toyota 4x4s including the Hi Lux and I read this was the very best they ever made so I知 soon to find out.
      See you all soon
      Namira

Comment

What colour is this Surf and how much are you being asked for it?

The SSRG is the top spec model so should have lots of the optional extras as standard. However, due to the number of options available no two Surfs ever seem to be the same.
        Brian

Comment

Blue over Silver its 」5995, am I allowed to post a link to a commercial site here?

Comment

Seems a good price, providing all is well with it. As a comparison check this 1996 one on EBay at the same price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-3-...QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure on the rules regarding links to commercial sites. I assume you just want us to see the add for the Surf your interested in.
            Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian, I did see that one and it was on my short list although I did not talk to the advertiser. I thought that if I could get the intercooler version for the same price I should go for that. It痴 got 70,000 miles on it.
              Yes, the link I thought of posting was for the Surf I知 interested in.
              I really appreciate your help as I haven稚 been back in the country long and don稚 know the dealers etc (been away 20 years plus)
              Cheers
              Namira
              Edit Its ever so similar to this
              http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....26195&pageid=3
              Last edited by namira; 19 September 2006, 01:40.

Comment

I used to have a 2nd gen 2.4 & now own a 1999 3rd gen 3.0 intercooled & its great.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Thanks marky , that looks a fabulous truck I hope I知 as lucky.

Comment

Theres a couple on ebay but that one for 9K is a bit steep
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-hilux-s...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Preg http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Last edited by marky; 19 September 2006, 22:39.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Thanks , I had someone put in a bid for me which was topped so I知 going to wait a while and see how it goes although I may just buy the one I posted the link to. 9k is just too much for me as I have just re-settled here so lots of outgoings at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        I used to have a 2nd gen 2.4 & now own a 1999 3rd gen 3.0 intercooled & its great.
                        I知 glad I got the intercooler version (my first Surf), purchased it today and its awesome. Just arrived home.
                        I now have to read all the FAQ痴 and educate myself.
                        Really grateful for the friendly advice, thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by namira
                          I知 glad I got the intercooler version (my first Surf), purchased it today and its awesome. Just arrived home.
                          I now have to read all the FAQ痴 and educate myself.
                          Really grateful for the friendly advice, thanks everyone.
                          Glad you got your own Surf now. Post some pics and add some more details to your profile.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                            Glad you got your own Surf now. Post some pics and add some more details to your profile.
                            OK Brian I will do that.I might just tag along on the trip to Morroco that some of the guys seem to be posting about.Can't stand the English weather already so soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X