question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question?

I fitted two new batterys last week and i mean big , i had to remove the air induction pipe from behind the n/s headlamp to fit one of them , but now only have the filter box and inlet pipe.
    my thinking is , if it rains hard will the water running of the bonet get sucked in.
    i know its a daft one and also will it get the air it needs .
    john
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Originally posted by johnd
    I fitted two new batterys last week and i mean big , i had to remove the air induction pipe from behind the n/s headlamp to fit one of them , but now only have the filter box and inlet pipe.
    my thinking is , if it rains hard will the water running of the bonet get sucked in.
    i know its a daft one and also will it get the air it needs .
    john
    I cant see that it will be any problem as there is still a long length of pipe for the induction, the only way you would draw in water is if the front was submerged in water covering the whole of the inlet, and yes it will still draw in enough air
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

It will suck in enough air, but it will be hot air, which is not as good for the engine.

Not bad, but not good..
      It just does, OK?

Comment

i was offered a k&n but i see your point about the hot air and that would not fix it so i will have to think about a snorkel ( i will tell the wife it was in the boot all the time i just never fitted it )
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

there was a thread which addressed this issue somewhere..it seems that some of the fellas have been discarding the plastic induction pipe as a matter of course..then, simple turning the rubber elbow back so the inlet faces the bulkhead stops any water run-off entering the filter housing..

i may be way off base with that though, and you'd be well to do a search..tis something resonating in my distant memory..which reminds me, i think some of those fellas were reporting a pig of a resonation sound having performed that "performance mod"..which is kinda why i didn't do it myself....i think..

Comment

Working...
          X