3.0ltr Head Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0ltr Head Gasket

Hi, Can somebody give me the torque settings and tightening order, for a new head gasket on a KZN130 engine ....Thanks

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

Nev

Comment

Any info

Hello,
      I am in the process of having the top taken apart on my SSRX 3.0 L.

Why are you changing your head gasket? Odd question but what has your truck started to do, or not do that indicated a failed head gasket? Any idea what caused it?

Many folks have said that the heads fail more often than the gaskets, so I'm hoping that mine is gasket only. Did yo get your head pressure tested?

Sorry loads of questions, I'm part way through the job and hoping for some good news. Also seems odd that what I thought was one of the toughest engines in the market is blowing head gaskets and heads.

Any info or thoughts re the problems and the fix would be great.

Cheers R

Comment

So far 3.0's don't seem to any worse of than any other car for head/gasket failures, certainly not the way the 2.4's go.

A failed gasket shows the same symptoms as a cracked head as far as water loss leading to overheating is concerned, you'll never know what it is till the head has come off and you have a look.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers

Cheers Tony,
          I have a thread running on this from before but I will try to keep both threads up to spead on what happend when the tops off.

Have an ace day.

R

Comment

Thanks for the link Nev, and as Tony has just added....as to my loss, it will give you the same problems, all you 3.0ltr boys out there dont think your truck is exempt from head problems, as i did, i have just ordered my new head and gaskets from Milners, a heavy repair bill, i guess big trucks, big bills. As to how it started for me, small amount of white smoke on start-up, and that was not all the time for about 2 month's at a guess, so i have taken time off work to what i thought was a gasket, new belt and oil and filters... Not so... will keep you all updated with the job at hand.. STILL love my surf though..

Comment

Working...
            X