Oil System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil System

I'm fitting a Kleenoil bypass type oil filter, and was wondering if anyone can offer some info.
    On the 1KZ-TE engine, in front of the oil filter, is a stub with a blanking rubber cap over its top, secured with a spring clip. When pulled off a trickle of oil emerges. The engine manual makes no reference to this part of the oil circuit.
    Logic says that this should be a low pressure feed, 'cos I wouldn't want 80psi held by only a rubber extrusion. If so, does it come from the pressure relief valve? (which would be perfect for my oil return).I can't tell from the casting shape.
    I haven't had the courage to run the engine with this cap removed, and will exhaust the ask others route before trying (I will put a piece of pipe with a restrictor on first!).

Any advice gratefully received

Adrian

Originally posted by adrianrdaw
    I'm fitting a Kleenoil bypass type oil filter, and was wondering if anyone can offer some info.
    On the 1KZ-TE engine, in front of the oil filter, is a stub with a blanking rubber cap over its top, secured with a spring clip. When pulled off a trickle of oil emerges. The engine manual makes no reference to this part of the oil circuit.
    Logic says that this should be a low pressure feed, 'cos I wouldn't want 80psi held by only a rubber extrusion. If so, does it come from the pressure relief valve? (which would be perfect for my oil return).I can't tell from the casting shape.
    I haven't had the courage to run the engine with this cap removed, and will exhaust the ask others route before trying (I will put a piece of pipe with a restrictor on first!).

Any advice gratefully received

Adrian
    Adrian.

I am not sure as I haven't ever seen one but it might be an access hole for the pressure releif valve.

You might want to have a look here as the 1KZTE engine manual is on line there.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

Edit.

Sorry didn't read the bit that you had already looked in the engine manual so I'll shut up at this point.

Anyone else?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X