1KZT mecnanical injection pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1KZT mecnanical injection pump?

Hi, I'm in the USA, the 3.0 V-6 engine in my 95 4Runner is dead. Considering replacing it with a 1KZT diesel.

I think the 4Runner is the same as the Surf?

All the 1KZ's avail in the states are Japanese import half cuts, which have the electronic injection pump.

I'd rather have the mechanical injection, much easier to transplant.

I think the UK is the only place Toyota sold the 1KZ with a mech pump.

Looking for a source for a good pump or possibly the whole engine. And any info about swapping the pump, Is it just a bolt on swap?

I got to visit the UK for 10 days in 2004, I loved it and hope to be able to come back and visit again.

thanks

I can't help you find one but I can confirm UK spec 4 runners have a mechanical pump. If you do find a source I think Willy Mammoth might be intrested he is US based and was asking similar questions.

Comment

Thanks,

I believe that the UK was the only place that got the mechanical pump. Don't know why.

Comment

Not the only... Here in Spain we only have 1KZ-T 4Runners, not 1KZ-TE ones...

In the rest of Europe was the same, lots of 1KZ-T's.

David
        '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Try Ebay.co.uk. They sometimes come up on there (with the transmission etc).

There's lots of older (early 90's) Prados (LC) here in Kenya, and they've all got the 1KZ-T engine as well. I've seen one or two on Ebay.co.uk so maybe they are worth "watching".
          @africa4x4cafe
          [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Not sure if you or anybody else is interested but I have a JDM 1KZTE engine with automatic transmission for sale. It's in great conditions with low miles and I'm located in Miami FL. Don't visit this site to often so for any questions e-mail me at JDMofMiami@hotmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM of Miami
              Not sure if you or anybody else is interested but I have a JDM 1KZTE engine with automatic transmission for sale. It's in great conditions with low miles and I'm located in Miami FL. Don't visit this site to often so for any questions e-mail me at JDMofMiami@hotmail.com.

I have seen these engines on ebay and have been tempted to buy, but there is none of the needed electronics to run these engines or for that matter the transmision. I picked up a full running half cut from Jarco. It cost twice as much, but everything is there.

Just a word of advice.

Do your self a favor and make sure you have everything to install the engines and make them run and you will sell more of them.
              If it don't work the way you want modify it.

Comment

I have been doing some research to see if the 2LT -3LT pumps will fit the 1KZT.

Can anyone confirm this?

My best guess is yes, but may need some adjustments in fuel rate.

There are more of these pump out there than the ones needed for this engine.

Comment

Found this, may help shed some light on the subject.

http://toyotadiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3039

Comment

Working...
                  X