Water Pump Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Change

Last week I flushed and refilled the cooling system. Today noticed a drip when I stopped. Appears to be coming from behind the bottom pulley. Water pump?, only leaks with engine running. How big a job is it on a 3.0L. Can't find a thread that tells/shows how. I've done the viscous fan so I know how to get that off. Any help appreciated.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

hi there

its not that bad a little fiddly you have to remove viscouse fan and all belts not timing 6 bolts a little tap with hammer n your done you can remove pully from water pump if you want just a little easier to see
    tip slacken pully bolts while belts are still on makes cracking bolt on pully easier

Comment

Originally posted by abentham
      hi there

its not that bad a little fiddly you have to remove viscouse fan and all belts not timing 6 bolts a little tap with hammer n your done you can remove pully from water pump if you want just a little easier to see
      tip slacken pully bolts while belts are still on makes cracking bolt on pully easier
      Thanks for the info, will order a pump from Milners tomorrow

Comment

i have a spare water pump if your interested £40 + postage or depending on where you are can deliver or collect but before you go down that road are you sure its the water pump n not just the gasket ?
        Attached Files

Comment

I suppose the only way to find out is to strip it down ? If it is the pump, @ £40 I'm interested

Comment

Took all the bits off this morning, definitely pump leaking from tell tale. My super generous father-in-law took me to milners to get one,( 2 hr round trip) and he paid for it £88. ( BTW many thanks for your offer abentham, if it had been my money it would have been £40, but he insisted, I wonder if its because I'm taking him fishing tomorrow. ) Truck was back on the road by 3pm. The belt tip worked a treat.

Comment

hi there glad to hear you have her running again
              no probs on the water pump
              glad i could be of some assistance

have a good day fishing id have to use one of these to catch anthing
              lol

happy trukin

Comment

Working...
              X