Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it's sorted

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by PDEC
      All smiles again today !! For anybody that looked at this thread the problem turned out to be the ECU , so maybe if you have the same fault after checking all fuses and relays ( no glow heater light , no engine check light and the self diagnostics don't work either , ie no flashing of the check lamp ) save yourself some time and replace the ecu , i managed to get one locally for just under £100.00 but had been quoted as much as £205.00 . Hope this may be 0f some help to someone else in the future and thanks to everyone else who took the time to reply. A.T.B , Paul.

Any idea what made the ECU to stop working? Have you had a look inside for dry solder joints or burnt components? If you still have it, and you don't want it, can I have it?

Comment

Hi Bushwacker , no idea at all what caused the failure , maybe it didn't like radio 2 while i sat and had a cuppa - leaving the ignition on with the engine off is the only thing i did after using it a couple of hours earlier, and yes i have had a look inside - no dry joints or discoloured components . Going to see about having it repaired to keep for a spare , what do you want with a duff ECU anyway ??? Been to see a doctor recently ? ! Ta Ra for now ,Paul.

Comment

Maybe thats what cooked it, leaving the ignition on without starting.

I thought I might have a look inside the ECU and see if I could get it re-programmed into a Vincebox!

Comment

Working...
          X