yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Nicaragua with Leaking Oil pan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Nicaragua with Leaking Oil pan!

Hello I am new member and I had introduced myself in my first post but here I am again with some other minor concerns about my baby: a 98 hilux surf.

I have the following concerns:

1) Leaking Oil Pan

One mechanic that I consulted said that in the hilux surf you have to remove the whole engine to fix a leaking oil pan. Is this true?

2)Leak from where the transmission couples with the engine( i believe its the crankshaft)might be wrong on that one.

How can I fix that leak?

3)Exhaust manifold has oil on it because of leak from engine breather hose I believe. Not sure if that hose is a breather hose.But it is a hose that comes from the top of the engine.This is a effect of the problem that i had stated on my first post.

How can I fix that?

Thank you for your time

Have a great day dreaming with hilux surfs and 4runners.

Jorge from Nicaragua.

happened after an oil service?
    its the oil filter drain hose

Comment

1. Never had to remove the engine to drop the oil pan on my 2nd Gen. 1KZ-T. Get on your back and take a look - what engine do you have?

2. Not big on things mechanical but I have a similar leak between the transmission and engine. Some seal has gone and you do have to drop something big in order to replace the seal - don't know if you can just drop the tranny or if the engine will have to be lifted out. The parts should be cheap but the labour involved expensive. I just keep topping the oil up between 5,000km changes.

3. No idea - see ferret's post.
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X