Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveD
    Hi Keith
    just had a look in the garage but I must have slung the bottle. I've had a look at the power steering reservoir and the Haynes manual I've got. The manual lists capacities for everything but Power steering system.

On the dipstick attached to the cap there are two notches. Bottom one for Cold, Top for Hot. Fluid level should be at the top of relevant notch.
    My fluid level was just touching the bottom of the dipstick and I filled to the top of the Hot notch(with a syringe,so it wasnt a massive amount).
    My reasoning being that if it was going to work I would lose some fluid before it sealed.
    Luckily enough it worked for me and I havent had any probs since then. (touching wood here)
    Hi Dave
    Thanks for the info - I'll put a bit in and see what happens!
    Keith

Comment

Hi folks, thought I'd drag this one back rather than start a new one... Did anyone get good results with the wynn stuff or is it better to do the proper job? This really appeals to the lazy part of me! Why can't there be an additive for every job that needs doing? Like re roofing the shed...

Comment

Originally posted by midalex View Post
        A new pump will cost you £450 + from the toy dealer. you can get a repair kit for about £50 and its not too difficult to do with the right tools. It's just a right B@$tard getting the pump off, you need ratchet spanners.
        Hmmmmmm, I'm wondering..... my power steering works ok till it starts humming and then I need to top it up. Now, I have to ask.... do I wait till my friendly mechanic removes pump or do I just keep filling it up? Am I doing any great damage? I don't have to spend a great deal of time on the filling ... what's the repair kit, and where do I get it?

In other words, as mechanic seems happy to remove pump, do I take advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Pelicanbill View Post
          Hmmmmmm, I'm wondering..... my power steering works ok till it starts humming and then I need to top it up. Now, I have to ask.... do I wait till my friendly mechanic removes pump or do I just keep filling it up? Am I doing any great damage? I don't have to spend a great deal of time on the filling ... what's the repair kit, and where do I get it?

In other words, as mechanic seems happy to remove pump, do I take advantage
          i have a good 2nd hand ps pump that i took off a breaker.There were no leaks or any probs with the steering when i drove the truck 200m home
          £50 delivered if you want it.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            i have a good 2nd hand ps pump that i took off a breaker.There were no leaks or any probs with the steering when i drove the truck 200m home
            £50 delivered if you want it.
            OK, you got a deal .......... how do we go about finalising it? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pelicanbill View Post
              OK, you got a deal .......... how do we go about finalising it? ...
              You can paypal at stormforce1067@sky.com or if you want to send payment then email me and i will send my address for you

Comment

The ps pump is easy enough to do yourself really.If i remember rightly there are 3 or 4 bolts on the front which are easy to take off and then there are 2 nuts to come off from the back.The outside nut is easy but the inside one a bit fiddly but you can get to it better from underneath.The pump seperates in 2 parts then take it off and replace the new 2nd hand unit.I would say about a hour to 2 hours max to change it depending if your any good with spanners

Comment

Oil Seal

I used Sol-X over 3 years ago. Its power steering treatment. And it works fine. www.solxsolutions.com
                  Last edited by ALZ; 6 April 2010, 17:16.

Comment

The ps pump is easy enough to do yourself really.If i remember rightly there are 3 or 4 bolts on the front which are easy to take off and then there are 2 nuts to come off from the back.The outside nut is easy but the inside one a bit fiddly but you can get to it better from underneath.The pump seperates in 2 parts then take it off and replace the new 2nd hand unit.I would say about a hour to 2 hours max to change it depending if your any good with spanners
                    Nah! I'm too old and too stiff to go wandering about with spanners

I'll give it to mechanic and tell him he got no more than 2 hours to do it lolol

Comment

You can paypal at stormforce1067@sky.com or if you want to send payment then email me and i will send my address for you
                      Ok ... have sent £50 by Paypal as of 5 minutes ago.

Dont forget the pushmepullyou knob for rear seat ..... Thanks!

Stewart

Comment

Thanks Stewart and good chatting.Got the pull knob here by the computer so thats all ready to go with the pump

Comment

sorry to interupt but does he want a 3.0 pump?
                          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

hes got 3.0l in his profile so i assume its the pump Stewart needs

Comment

hes got 3.0l in his profile so i assume its the pump Stewart needs
                              thanks for thinking for me ..... I indeed have 3.0 KZN130

Comment

Thats ok Stewart.Neither of us actually mentioned if its for a 2.4 or 3.0 until Terry mentioned it and i then looked at your profile.I can't remember if i looked when i originally posted or not

Comment

Working...
                                X