which springs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which springs...

been looking at beefing up my suspension for a while now, and was buying the roughtrax 2" uprated springs, but as they now been brought into disrepute, im thinking of cruiser springs from milners, but which ones do i buy?? There are loads of models for the cruiser and dont know what to get??

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Mine are HDJ80 springs for a 1995 Cruiser.

Comment

[QUOTE=andrewlee31]been looking at beefing up my suspension for a while now, and was buying the roughtrax 2" uprated springs, but as they now been brought into disrepute, im thinking of cruiser springs from milners, but which ones do i buy?? There are loads of models for the cruiser and dont know what to get??

I put the 20% stronger surf springs on mine from Milners and they are great :
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Mine are HDJ80 springs for a 1995 Cruiser.
        44 quid for the pair ?? bargain if im reading it right!! what they ride like vince??
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          been looking at beefing up my suspension for a while now, and was buying the roughtrax 2" uprated springs, but as they now been brought into disrepute.

What a over reation!!

After thousands of happy people how does one post about some problems equal disrepute? Especially without hearing both sides of the story.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

used roughtrax for loads of stuff and never had a problem. you have more stuff than anyone from them tony, what do you think i should go for?roughtrax or milners cruiser springs??
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              used roughtrax for loads of stuff and never had a problem. you have more stuff than anyone from them tony, what do you think i should go for?roughtrax or milners cruiser springs??
              I like to try the LC springs, but have not done it yet so wouldn't like to advise. Dog book tried them but made his own in the end, Vince has them and sems happy with them!

Spring stiffness is very subjective, some people hate and other love the same springs.

More lift=harder springs=stiffer ride, its just physics. Procomp (which Roughtrax uses for springs usually) doesn't just guess on a springs stiffness its a compromise of ride/lift and how long they last to get the best balence. Procomp had a reputation of springs that would sag after a few years just like the Toyota originals do, but the last set I got from them are different, Procomp UK seem to be selling Ozzy made springs instead of the old US Procomp ones.
              LA Supertrux uses a Swedish manufacturer now, don't know where Milners get their springs from, but they used to cut the rubber pads to bits and not fit the locators properly on the axle.

So basicly, your on your own!!! You can only go with opinions untill you try it yourself.

Personally, I'd probably go to LA Supertrux for just lift springs. Procomp for everthing else (well, I'd go to my garage for procomp stuff, and I have lots of stock of shocks and stuff!!)
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X