Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enginge cuts out after about 40 miles

Looking for some help with my problem, I have a 3ltr diesel surf 1995
    kn130 my trouble is the engine will cut out whilst i am driving normally after about 40 miles doing about 70 with the cruise control on
    engine will start to faulter then die slip it into netural turn off the ing
    and then restart on the key, it always restarts then carry on with the trip may happen 3 or 4 times then ok, any help will be greatful

:-|

Dont know if this is any help at all.... but sounds to me like something overheating...
    I had this once before with another car and it turned out to be the ecu... :-(
    took a long time for the garage to diagnose as it only happened when engine was hot...
    sure the guys here will be able to sort ya out ;-)
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S
      Looking for some help with my problem, I have a 3ltr diesel surf 1995
      kn130 my trouble is the engine will cut out whilst i am driving normally after about 40 miles doing about 70 with the cruise control on
      engine will start to faulter then die slip it into netural turn off the ing
      and then restart on the key, it always restarts then carry on with the trip may happen 3 or 4 times then ok, any help will be greatful
      If its spluttering then dies I would suggest fuel orientated. From my experiences in the past if its electrical they tend to just cut out, if its fuel they tend to splutter a bit before cutting out.
      Possibly fuel pump, relay, may be a build of a vaccum in the tank check the breather pipe.
      I am sure others will be able to be a bit more definitive on this.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        If its spluttering then dies I would suggest fuel orientated. From my experiences in the past if its electrical they tend to just cut out, if its fuel they tend to splutter a bit before cutting out.
        Possibly fuel pump, relay, may be a build of a vaccum in the tank check the breather pipe.
        as koi says, most likely to be fuel, to stop a diesel engine you have to cut the fuel, check the diesel solenoid on the pump as well, it could be defective
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Agree with Koi,,,,,,,,,, Fuel, sounds like a vacuum in the tank
          [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
          [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Exactly the same happened to me on a Golf GTI. I spent ages trying to find this fault, changed injectors, fuel distributor, electronic ignition etc etc. Gave up in the end - sold it and the new guy got a new fuel pump from the scrapper for £10 and it was fine after that. I'd spent the best part of £500 trying to fix it and ended up selling it for £500.

Mine used to run for about 20 miles before cutting out. Wouldn't start for about 5 minutes and then started fine.

The fualt with mine was the fuel pump getting hot and cutting out.

Hope that this helps. Not sure if the KZN130 has an electronic fuel pump apart from the Fuel injection pump. Think it might have one near the tank but not sure.

Cheers

Comment

mine cuts out if you stick it in reverse at 40 mph.... oops!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

3.0 ssrx cuts out

hi guys any help would be grateful.
                my 93 3.0 ssrx has just recently started to cut out as though the ignition has been turned of pullover turn key and shes away again may go a few hours and do the same again it seems to me its an electric fault but has anyone had the same prob.cheers.:

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                  I agree with the vacuum build up theory....next time, if possible, pull over and remove the filler cap....if you get a sound like its sucking in air then thats what it is. Electrical problems tend to occur and persist, but if its something expanding with heat and causing loss of contact then it might be a sensor somewhere.

Damned annoying for you though, no matter what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo-Child View Post
                    I agree with the vacuum build up theory....next time, if possible, pull over and remove the filler cap....if you get a sound like its sucking in air then thats what it is. Electrical problems tend to occur and persist, but if its something expanding with heat and causing loss of contact then it might be a sensor somewhere.

Damned annoying for you though, no matter what it is!
                    Ive a feeling that he may have solved it sometime between Jan 2004 and now.
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                    X