Repair Manual Contradiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Manual Contradiction

Looking at the 1KZ-TE Repair Manual that is available on various forum sites I noticed a contradiction regarding the torque specification for the Flywheel bolts.

On Page 69, under 'Torque Specification', the figure for the Flywheel x Crankshaft is given as 145N-m (107ft-lbf).

On Page 248, under 'Engine Mechanical - Cylinder Block', the description clearly states th Torque setting to be 178N-m (131ft-lbf).

Has any member noticed this before and got clarification to which is the correct figure? I am about to fit a new soild flywheel and would be very grateful if any one can clear this point up for me.

Thanks for any help given.
    Brian

Originally posted by Panrixx
    Looking at the 1KZ-TE Repair Manual that is available on various forum sites I noticed a contradiction regarding the torque specification for the Flywheel bolts.

On Page 69, under 'Torque Specification', the figure for the Flywheel x Crankshaft is given as 145N-m (107ft-lbf).

On Page 248, under 'Engine Mechanical - Cylinder Block', the description clearly states th Torque setting to be 178N-m (131ft-lbf).

Has any member noticed this before and got clarification to which is the correct figure? I am about to fit a new soild flywheel and would be very grateful if any one can clear this point up for me.

Thanks for any help given.
    hi Brian
    mine gives the 145Nm 107lb ft in the specs and the assembly instructions - your higher figure isnt in my book! also says 'several passes use adhesive' I presume that is locktite or similar.
    Hope this helps - soon to be back on the road?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

I've got the Australian manual and it states.........

Flywheel mounting bolts, Later 3l engines, 123 Nm

Driveplate mounting bolts later 3l engines. 98Nm

The manual covers Hi-lux and 4Runner diesel, 1979 thru 1996.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 2 July 2006, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I've got the Australian manual and it states.........

Flywheel mounting bolts, Later 3l engines, 123 Nm

Driveplate mounting bolts later 3l engines. 98Nm

The manual covers Hi-lux and 4Runner diesel, 1979 thru 1996.
        So it could be anything from 98-178Nm?? any advances
        Tony

Comment

Yeah, just make sure they're done up fappin' tight!

Comment

weather

Vince
            did you sent this storm down here or was it you Richard??
            it is somewhat p............ersistantly raining
            Tony

Comment

Storm????? It's hot enough to fry and egg on the patio here, just had to hose the dogs down to cool them off!
              We got no hosepipe ban.

Comment

well it definately aint come from us .We're always last to get anything
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

heeheee just had a couple of hours kip on my hammock in the glorious sunshine looooovely
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

The missus is sizzling nicely in the back garden, just checked the thermometer, and it's showing 35c thats 97-98f!!!! in the shade!!!!
                    When do I turn her over, is it when she starts to look like crackling or before then?

Comment

well while you lot are breeding skin dissorders we have had enough rain/thunder/lightning to cure everybodys draught today, started 0400 this morning and eased off this teatime. Sun tomorrow, now I suppose I 'll have to cut the grass(2 acres - gives me 2 acres as well) -if I had a gang mower behind the surf could do it in half the time of the sit on !!
                      Tony

Comment

Which direction were the storms heading? 'cos my exhaust needs welding tomorrow.

Comment

our weather forecast earlier said it was moving up to Wales

Comment

I'll be o.k. then, 'cos we're higher than the clouds anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              I'll be o.k. then, 'cos we're higher than the clouds anyway!
                              i suppose you got red flashing beacons on your roof so aircraft don't hit

Comment

Working...
                              X