Mute wire....????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mute wire....????????

Just spent a number of hours wiring an ISO connector to the back of a standard double DIN Surf stereo so I can fit a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth unit to it. It works ok (I downloaded the wiring colour codes from a website) but the Parrot only works for 30 seconds or so and then disconnects me. DOES SOMEBODY KNOW WHAT THE WIRE IS FOR THE MUTE INTO THE STEREO - if indeed it has one....? Thanks

Feed the parrot a few peanuts, it may start working again.
    As for the mute, wouldn't it be nice to have one for the wife!

Comment

If it helps the mute wire (if the head unit supports it) is usuallu pink or pink with a stripe if i remember correctly. Theoretically it should be a loose flying lead on the back of the iso connector as in most cars there is nothing to connect it to.

This is a rough guide i found at lunchtime - it's radio specific but the general iso pinouts look correct.ISO Pinouts
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

No mention of a mute wire here...

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          No mention of a mute wire here...

http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Yeh, thats where I got the info from for wiring the ISO connector.
          Its a bit weird that it appears to work for a short time then stops working which would say to me that it WAS muting it initially..... Thanks for answering anyhow.

Comment

There is no mute wire on the Truck side of the wiring, it will be coming out the back of the headunit side. It's usually a flapping wire that doesn't get connected to anything on the car wiring, unless of course you already have a phone kit installed. It's something that is usually part of the ISO adapter wiring.
            Last edited by andy_enuff; 22 June 2006, 18:16.
            ======

Comment

Decided to fit a standard stereo and a tray instead - much easier.
              Thanx for all the responses.

Good site btw, almost as good as the L200 owners club site....

Comment

Originally posted by keefee18

Good site btw, almost as good as the L200 owners club site....
                yes. well. they probably have more experience with car trouble than us....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Surely it's just a bunch of school run mothers talking about how rich their builder husbands are ......
                  ======

Comment

Working...
                  X