Pide & Joy overheating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pide & Joy overheating.

Can anyone help please, had my 1996 3 ltr td ssrx twelve mnths now with trouble free motoring, towing caravan no probs at all. But all of a sudden,when towing or going up long steep hills temp guage goes through the roof, normal driving it stays just under half way, I have no coolant loss or cant see any smoke any ideas please Iam not machanicly minded so any advice would be greatful.

Could be your viscous fan........

Comment

Thanks DaveD

Tanks DaveD I forgot to mention that as soon as I noticed a problem I had her serviced and replaced the thermostat but the problem is still there. Can you tell me how to test the fan.

Comment

You need to take it off and make sure there is plenty of silicone oil inside, and you can adjust it by altering the screws that hold the hub to make it drive harder. While the screws are undo make sure it it springs back after pushing the hub forwards.

If it spins easily by hand it probably needs refilling with oil.

You should be able hear it roaring for 30 secs or so when starting up from cold with the idle up on, then it goes quiet as the fluid warms up.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks TonyN

Thanks TonyN I shall have a look at that. By the way aint it good when your driving down the road and you pass another surf going the other way more often than not you get a friendly wave from total strangers ! different breed surf owners.

Comment

Originally posted by John Heyworth
            Thanks TonyN I shall have a look at that. By the way aint it good when your driving down the road and you pass another surf going the other way more often than not you get a friendly wave from total strangers ! different breed surf owners.
            i've given up on that one..just got silly..waving at hilux twincabs, landcruisers..then along comes a surf, and you are concentrating so hard on what toys he's got bolted to it, you forget to wave...when i put my hand up to a frontera owner once i decided that was enough.just cause it was the same wine red colour as mine..embarassing all the same

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
              i've given up on that one..just got silly..waving at hilux twincabs, landcruisers..then along comes a surf, and you are concentrating so hard on what toys he's got bolted to it, you forget to wave...when i put my hand up to a frontera owner once i decided that was enough.just cause it was the same wine red colour as mine..embarassing all the same
              wave??
              im normally past by the time i notice anybody
              at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Part numbers

hope this is of help
                Stat 71 degrees 9091603121
                Stat 76' 9091603119
                Stat 82' 9091603118 (I believe this is the standard one)
                Silicone 0881610001
                Silicone 0881603001 don't know why but one was a lot cheaper than t'other, my local dealer couldn't tell me why - I bought the cheepest! - does the job, I also fitted the 76' stat and uprated my rad (bigger core, atf cooler change, bigger tanks) folks on the ausie site appear to have had success doing this.
                Mine definately runs cooler and I have had no probs at all, mind you this is also after a complete engine re-build - belts and braces!!!!!
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X